Chapter 17: A Morning at the Fierro's

Theo

I slowly opened up my eyes, the sun hitting my face. My vision was still blurry so I rubbed my eyes. I sat up and when my eyes finally adjusted to the light. I observed the room I was in, which made my eyes widen. 

Yup, this is not my room.

The room had a damn chandelier. Had white walls and floor to ceiling windows with thick blue curtains. The room was decorated with memorabilia, toys and pictures. I looked at the night stand to see my phone charged. It was 7 AM. 

If I didn't have enough control over myself. I would've screamed loudly. I looked at the date to make sure. Yup, not even a month into school, and I already have an absent. I frowned and plopped my upper half down the bed again, sighing in frustration.

I know I should be freaking out that I'm in someone's bedroom, but I didn't have enough energy to do so. When suddenly. I heard the door open, I looked up to see Hunter, wearing his pajama.

"Hunter? What the hell happened and why am I not in school? Or first, where am I?" I asked him. 

He smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "You're the only one that fell asleep here tonight. And I felt too bad to wake you up, you apparently drank something strong. Cielo offered to drive you home but... I guess you could see what we decided." He explained, slowly approaching the bed. 

I slowly processed the information that I slept on Hunter's bed. "Okay... So is my phone tripping, is it weekend?" I asked him.

"No, it's Friday."

My eyes widened. Even though I already know this information, hearing it from him is worse. "So why are we not in school, at least, why are you not in school?"

He smiled shyly again. "I felt bad leaving you, so I called my teacher... and yours for an excuse today."

I breathed in a sigh of relief, shifting comfortably in the bed. "Thank you, Hunter. I owe you everything." When I suddenly remembered something, my heart dropped. "Oh god, my mom is gonna kill me." I fumbled to grab my phone when I saw no miss calls. 

I furrowed my brows. Does my mom not love me anymore? She didn't worry about me?

Hunter chuckled. I looked up at him. "Your mom was worried sick last night. So I answered your phone. Explained everything." He explained which, again, I breathed in a sigh of relief.

"Hunter, I owe you my life. You're the one that celebrated their birthday and yet you're serving me." I said. 

He gave an appraising as he took something from the nightstand. "It's fine really." He said as he sat at the foot of the bed, scrolling through his phone.

"I..." I started to speak but couldn't find my voice, he looked up at me. "C-Can I use your... bathroom?" I asked shyly. 

He nodded with a neutral smile. I mumbled a thank you before going to the bathroom. The moment I was inside, I called my mom.

"Hello?" My mom greeted.

"Mom?"

"Theo. Hun. Your friend, Hunter already explained. It's okay." She reassured.

"Yeah, yeah he already told me." I said.

"He also said you both had to absent for today." She casually said.

My lips turned into a thin line. "I know, he's a lifesaver." I sighed.

I felt it, I really felt like my mom was smiling like a mad man. "Is he the cutie your sister was telling me about a few weeks ago?" My mom suddenly said.