Chapter 21: Luxurious Party

Theo

October 13, Tuesday

I walked through the bronze ornate doors of the mansion, with a maid greeting me, I greeted her back and proceeded to walk along the marble floor of the circular ballroom. I stared at the large room, gigantic chandelier hanging from the high ceiling and pillars supporting it, large windows that reach the floor all around the eight sides of the room except for the door. My footsteps were echoing through the whole room. It was really beautiful.

"Yeah, this is good." I said to the secretary behind me.

"Excellent. I will inform your dad of your rating." The secretary said with a British accent, he turned on his heels and exited the ballroom. 

It was my birthday today, and my dad offered me his whole estate for the day, and for me to throw a party. 

My mom and dad are divorced. He still sends us money for child support of course, but that's it. He has all of this money, estate, company but he refused to share it to us. Instead, he gives it to his family, a family of his own. 

My mom works a 9 to 5 job and can barely treat herself. I am truly grateful he brought me to this world, but he's literally the worst. He used to spoil us with his money, but when he had a family, he only sent average amount. I was still grateful, without him, we wouldn't be surviving.

So today, I'm gonna invite all of my friends and family for a party my dad insisted on throwing. He had it catered with the best foods, he also hired entertainment, serving services and a host. And of course, most importantly. I had to have a show-stopping outfit, well, it as just a simple blue three-piece suit. I told my friends to dress nicely, I hope they did. 

After I inspected the ball room, I left it. I decided to hang around the house before 5 PM, since it was the start of the event. I was finally turning sixteen. I had a room in this mansion, a room just for me but I can't remember where it was. It was really embarrassing that I still had to ask where it was, but regardless, I found it! 

I opened the closet where my suit was hung. I ran my fingers through the delicate beading of the trim on the lapel and the shoulder piece. It looked like it belonged to a royalty. A knock on my door redirected my attention from the suit. 

I opened the door to find a girl there, her pink hair tied into a ponytail. "Hi! Are you Theodore Willshire?" She asked me and I nodded wordlessly. "Great!" She said before pulling me outside of my room.

"Um, I'd really appreciate it if you told me who you are, and where we're going." I said as she continued to pull me through the hallways.

We reached a room, it's door opened and inside looked to be a makeup room. "I'm Bianca! I do makeup for a living and I'm your dad's makeup artist. I take care of his and his guests' makeup when it's needed." She said, and that's when I noticed her makeup, her eye shadow in particular. It was a sunset cut-crease with blue on the lid. 

"Wow. You're talented, I love your makeup." I complimented. She smiled, her bright teeth shining.

"Thank you, kindly. But I need to get started on your face! You need to look even more stunning tonight!" She said before ushering me into the room. Then there, she started beating my face. 

Bianca finished with my makeup. It was just a natural look, no eye shadow and such. Although I would've wanted a beat look, I didn't want to scandalize in my own party. I thanked Bianca and left to go and wear the outfit prepared for me.

4:45 PM

I looked from the door of the balcony and into the ballroom, It's almost packed. Almost all of my relatives are there while all of my friends are present.