Chapter 50: Happily Ever After

Final III

"The pink one is prettier." I said as I crossed my arms.

We were deciding what to wear for the family dinner just the day before Prom. So if this dinner goes into shambles, I'm gonna be a mess the whole day after it. That's just me. I don't get over stuff quickly like a normal person.

"Eh. But the beige suits my skin tone." Mal said as she pressed the beige dress against her body on a mirror.

My shoulder slumped as I gave her a 'WTF' look. "Then you shouldn't have fucking asked for my opinion then."

She laughed and dropped the dresses on the floor. "We're meeting aunts, uncles and cousins we haven't seen since we're... two! I have to look elegant but simple, approachable but commanding, and speaking of... Oh my gosh, Theo. You still don't have an outfit! What the hell." She said before opening my closet.

I sighed and stood up, approaching the closet and taking out a blue cardigan, a pink polo shirt and a tie.

Mal gasped and jumped up and down. "Ohmygosh, that's absolutely perfect."

Sia's head appeared at the door. "You two, get dressed already. We're leaving in twenty." She informed before disappearing.

...

We stepped out of the car and to the long, gravel path towards our grandmother's manor with Mal, her mother and my mother, my sister and my friends. Hunter held my hand as we walked, easing my nervousness. My relatives are really demanding and so they probably have something up their sleeves tonight.

A maid opened the door for us, my mother in front dressed in a red dress, giving our invitations. She wanted me to make her dress and so I gave her her wishes. It was tough but I was experienced. I haven't seen her in a dress in a long time and I'm glad that it's a sign that everything was changing for the better.

We stepped into the dinner hall where the table was packed except for the remaining eight chairs for us.

I immediately noticed Aunt Prima's shocked look as we greeted Grandma.

"I don't see why your friends had to come for this family dinner, Theodore. It's a family dinner." She said in a sassy tone.

I saw my mother about to respond when I beat her to it. "But they had to come, Aunt Prima. It will all be explained in a moment." I explained with a professional smile which made her shut up.

As we were eating, grandma spoke. "We shall get started. We'll discuss who will be the new owner of Cameron Blue and it--"

"Oh but Mother. Shouldn't I inherit the land since I am the oldest?" Aunt Krisha interrupted.

I was about to retort when it was my mother's turn to beat me to it. "Krisha, I don't see why it needs to be you just because you're the oldest."

"Well, just because you--"

"Calm down, my daughters. I was hoping for a civil dinner tonight." Grandma said as she delicately wiped her mouth with her napkin.

"Krisha has a point, Mother." Aunt Prima said and then goes to explain why but I didn't need to hear any bullshit.

I sighed loudly, enough for Aunt Prima's voice to fade as they all focused their gazes on me. "I think my mother should inherit the land and the school since she fought for the school."

"Shut up, Dory. No one but my mother deserves the school." My cousin that spawned from hell, Jace, said.

"Jace. Let your cousin speak. Besides, he makes a great point. Christina has been the main target of Renza, she's suffered the most and I've been there to see it." Uncle Jonas said.