Chapter 11. Zabuza! Round One.

A/N: Let me tell you a secret... I don't even like Sasuke. I think he's a brat and I don't usually read Sasuke fanfictions so I have no idea why I even started writing one. I guess I just really liked the idea I came up with. I've read a few Sasuke fanfictions and writing one myself has helped me appreciate is character a lot more.... he's still a brat though.

I like his character a lot more than I used to and I'm really enjoying writing this fanfiction too~ I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

Roses' POV:

After out run in with the demon brothers of the mist, we left them there after sending a message back to the village to pick them up. it had taken another hour or so before we reached the shoreline of a vast spans of water.

We had arranged for a boat beforehand so when we arrived, a ferryman was waiting at the boathouse. An old friend of Tazuna's apparently so he was willing to help him despite the obvious danger in the land of waves recently.

Naruto was the first to jump on, exited for his first even boat ride and taking claim of the bow, then Tazuna who sat down with a heavy thud and took a large swill of his drink before looking down with a sombre look on his face. If he keeps that up, hell start looking like Sasuke...

Sasuke was next as he placed one foot on the rim of the boat, testing his balance before turning to me and holding out his hand which a gladly took. With a strong tug, I was safely onboard the boat and I sent a grateful smile toward Sasuke which he returned, though his was very small.

Sasuke had taken a seat on the far side of the boat, leaving back on the aide and as I was about to sit next to him, I felt a shove from behind pushing me forward.

"Sasuke! let's sit together!" Sakura sang out but her enthusiasm didn't last long.

Her push from behind had caught me off guard and lent me tumbling right onto Sasuke's lap, my face buried in his chest as his arms swapped round me and held me for support. heh...I could get used to this.......wait what?....

"GAHH! ROSE! GET OFF OF SASUKE-KUN!" Sakura screeched from behind me making me push myself up with my hands so I could breath again and send her a withering glare.  

I felt a low rumble coming from Sasuke's chest that was barely noticeable to the other people around us but it seemed to vibrate through me. I looked up and came face to face with that infamous smirk of his as he cocked his eyebrow in a smug manor. "Are you going to stay down there for the entire boat ride?" he asked teasingly making me blush and glare at him.

Feeling frustrated, I blurted out before I could think "Maybe I will! You'd like that wouldn't you?" I said with stubbornness. Sasuke's face that was mere inches away from mine turned red as he stared back at me. I heard a screamed "NO!" come from behind me in a high pitched voice from Sakura but I paid no mind to it.

Realising how close we both were, I blushed too and Sasuke pulled me to sit beside him without saying anything and turned around to look out at the water. I couldn't see his face so I didn't know if he was annoyed or simply didn't care. 

I was still flustered but I took the time to send another glare at Sakura. This was her fault after all. She in turn seemed to be seething but because of Kakashi being here, she bottled it up and begrudgingly took a set near the ferryman since there were no free sets beside Sasuke anymore.

"Huh? What's going on?" Naruto turned back and looks at us, his eyes squinted and his face looking funny as he looked at us questioningly. Completely Oblivious as to why Sakura was seething.

Because of where he was sat, Naruto was able to see Sasuke's face and he seemed to notice something. "Sasuke, why are you red? Are you sick?" Naruto asked, slightly hopeful at the thought of getting back at Sasuke if he ended up being a burden.