Chapter 3.

Rita went back to her desk relived. At least, she still had her job despite her boss being unbelievably annoying. Okay, she also had to admit he was intense but Rita felt repulsed. Of course,he was a handsome man.  That was an understatement. Bucks Zimba was gorgeous!

His hair black and curly  fell over his black piercing eyes. He had a square jaw ,thin pink lips and a strong neck, which showed a hint of tribal tattoo ,no doubt they were  on his body too.Under his grey suit, Rita could make out his muscles as they flexed when he moved. Many women were obviously falling at his feet but not Rita, Rita did not feel any attraction towards this man . If anything,the right emotions would be pure hatred .

She was booting up her laptop to see what she would work on when Asha strolled in to the office. Apparently now the promoted secretary to assistant.

" Uhm, hey, just heard am the new assistant so like can I move in? I already have my stuff packed."

Right the demotion

Rita looked up from her laptop to stare at the perfectly slender figured Asha carrying her items in a box as she snickered seeming to enjoy the fact that Rita was now below her.

"Yeah right, Kindly Asha give me a few minutes to clear my desk".

"Sure, I'll just leave these down here then. I'll be back in a few." Asha smiled, a big fake smile ,put her box down and left.

****
When Rita got back to her dingy apartment that evening and stepped into the hot shower. She was grateful the day was over. She almost broke down when she had cleared her desk,run outside for coffee for Asha. Quite ironic since she went out to get Mr. Bucks coffee and could not order one for herself .

Rita then had to sort out all messages and emails received for the company. Deleting all irrelevant mail and sending those that should be sent. It was a simple work but her eyes felt so tired by the time she left work.

Turning off the shower , she tiredly wrapped her afro hair again in a scarf not caring to comb it as she made mental note to send for her hairdresser to braid her hair. She wore her favourite pair of shorts and a hoodie then set her alarm for five a.m in the morning. She jumped under the covers sleep catching up with her as soon as  her head hit the pillow and prayed at the back of her mind for better days ahead.