Chapter 14

Bucks Zimba held the limp form of Rita in his arms as she bleed profusely from shot wounds. He cursed. This was not supposed to happen, from the mini - explosion that made people run  out of the mansion to the      event that led to Rita being shot. He would deal with his men later , he had assigned two of them to look after Rita and they could not do a simple job. His blood boiled , he slung Rita over his shoulder and started to make his way out of the mansion. A Glock in hand, Bucks shot anyone he regarded as an enemy while he run towards his car.

He got in his BMW swiftly after laying Rita's limp form on the passenger seat beside him. Bucks hit the gas pedal and drove off at astonishing speed.

Halfway on his way to his penthouse apartment , gunshots started raining on his car from the rear. He glimpsed at the rearview mirror and saw a Bugatti Veyron hot on his trail. Oh ,oh. Damn Jonathan and these fast cars . Wait, that number plate is foreign. Who the hell is that?! He pondered as he applied more pressure on the gas pedal speeding up. His attacker also choose at that point to try and overtake Bucks from the driver's side. Bullets were now bouncing off Bucks' car from his side. Thank heavens, these damn windows are bulletproof . Bucks sighed as he tried speeding past the attacker which was becoming hard because of his opponent's speeding car. The traffic was also free making it easier for him to quickly manoeuvre past vehicles to Bucks' luck.

The attacker seemed to have obtained new ideas as he stopped spraying bullets which at that point, he must have realized were quite useless. He tried to slam against Bucks' vehicle from the side . At the second attempt , the Bugatti got close to Bucks' car and Bucks heard a distant yell, " we want the girl! " . Bucks turned his head to peer at his attacker but that is when the Bugatti slammed into Bucks' side almost causing him to veer of the road . The BMW quickly balanced and got back in the lane.

At the third attempt, Bucks swerved off the lane and pressed the gas pedal making the BMW to speedily propel forward. His attacker then rammed into the vehicle that was now behind Bucks'. The impact causing the two vehicles to veer off the road.

Bucks eyebrows crinkled deep in thought as he now took the road that lead to his penthouse apartment. He glanced at Rita and his grip tightened on the steering wheel. Bucks Zimba pressed the gas pedal accelerating the BMW to its last speed limit.

"We want the girl!" The words echoed in his head. "Not in a million years. "Bucks countered back in his thoughts. Rita was his. No one took what belonged to him.... Never!

***

Two days later, Rita still lay unconscious on the bed while Bucks watched over her at his desk. Bucks had moved his desk into the guestroom and refused to leave Rita's side. He only hoped the doctor was right as he prayed that she would open her eyes again. Rita was lucky, she had lost alot of blood but as soon as Bucks brought her to his apartment , his doctor was summoned and immediate blood transfusion took place.

He was typing away on his laptop when he saw Rita stirring from her unconscious state. Bucks shot up from his desk so fast and was by the bed side in an instant. Rita fluttered her eyes open and held out a hand. Bucks took the hand without a second thought and gave a gentle squeeze.

"Hey," his voice was gentle as he looked at Rita who seemed to realize that it was her boss who was holding her hand.

"Ompff !" She huffed and jerked her hand away as she tried to sit up.

Bucks was annoyed. What a nerve!

"What do you think you are doing?" He gritted out while Rita was now weakly struggling to leave the bed.

"I need to use the bathroom!" She countered back ,glaring at him.

Bucks sighed, " woman, do you even know where the bathroom is?"

"I can manage on my own!" Rita said stubbornly as she was now standing while she clutched the lamp beside the bed. She tried to move her feet forward, willing herself to walk but she was failing miserably.

Bucks groaned in frustration. He bent and carried her light frame in his arms. He heard her gasp and looked into her eyes. Rita averted her eyes and hooked her trembling arms around his neck. Hmm, good to know I affect her too or wait may be she's scared of me.. but why? He inwardly pondered as he took her to the bathroom. Bucks let her down of his grip carefully , spun around and left .

Bucks ran down the stairs to alert his housekeeper to keep an eye on the now awake grumpy Rita and find her something to eat. He needed to relieve his frustration. I can't understand this woman. At all. Damn. Bucks muttered a string of curses as he left the house willing his ancestors to help him comprehend the ways of one woman who managed to drive him crazy within a spun of weeks.