THE PAST OF ME PT. 1

Kona only had 2 things to her name back then

Her Marine code: 06721 and her unbreakable urge to stay alive.

*10 YEARS AGO* *3rd person POV*

Do you ever wonder where unwanted, abandoned, or stolen kids go? Most of them end up in the hands of the Marines
The public thinks that the childern are then taken care of and hopefully find a happy, loving family with a beautiful "The end"...oh how wrong they were.

Strict guidelines for these childern are set by Cock-sucking, bastard world government officials.

   After being "adopted" by the navy, the kids became "Government property" which gave the navy the right to treat them however they wanted, besides who would care if some worthless, scrumy, disappointment of a kid was put to some good work ....the children became literal slaves for the very "justice" of the world.

Some childern however, were deemed...spiecal.These spiecals were to take up a more important role for the Marines. Whether it be because of their smarts, strength, or any other unique skill. One of these kids was named Resaunte

     Resaunte was a 16 year old boy, with dark skin, long brown hair, glasses, and cold eyes. He was "adopted" by the Navy at 12 and for the past 4 years has been trained to be a strong and ruthless bodyguard for whoever the higher-ups ordered him to protect. He does his job without questions or complaints, making him able to avoid whips, starvation...or worse. Today was no different.

    He was waiting by the docks of a large navy base for his next mission. An 11 year old girl. He didn't know much about the girl except that she was "adopted" like him, at the infant age of 11 months old, and he also knew that this girl was a very important weapon for the Navy. He didnt really care who this girl was though, all he cared about was getting the mission done.

*POV CHANGE: RESAUNTE*
This shit sucks
I thought to myself waiting for a ship that would bring me my next headache.

   I sighed and sat on a near by wooden box and looked out at the sea. I remember a time my dad took me out fishing and I felt bad for the worms that he used as bait. So I tried to dump the bucket into the water, we ended up going overboard when he tried to stop me and he had to save me from drowning. We laughed about it until we got home soaking wet which made mom really upset but she made us some hot milk and muffins... I wonder what changed to make them want to give me up.

I'm shot out of thought when a Navy ship pulls into the dock. I stand up, put my hands behind my back and look down waiting for them to come on deck.
   Soon the crew is done docking and soldiers come out and form a line.  The air feels grim as I watch some government offical. He spots me and walks to me.

"Code" he demands.

"Marine code: 06447 Alias: Resaunte"
I say with no emotion or hesitation.

He nods then turns to the ship and yells
"Bring the girl here"

I then here a quick "you heard him" and "go on" with the should of chains jangling. Then I see it.

Two soldiers both holding an end of a chain that was attached to a very small girl. Her skin was pale, hair was half-half white and pink, and in pigtails, and she was very small. She wore a worn out white dress and no shoes. She walked slowly but steadily, to put it simply she looked...pathetic.

   This is supposedly the great weapon of the Navy? What is she going to do?  Bite pirates' knee caps?!

     "Your job is to watch over her as she gets use to the environment. Her body's not use to being in an uncontrolled environment. She will visit this bases research team everyday, then she will be required to go outside for an hour a day, then the rest of her day is spent in her cel-...room. Here is a list of her food schedule" he hands me a folder and then he holds out a packet "and this is her medical history, this goes the the reaseach team"

he finishes and waits for me to ask any questions but I don't.