HEAL ME *END*

Not much changed after the day Law confessed. They both felt the growing fear of lose. They both had lost people dear to them and now Law was about to go off and fight an enemy that was far out of reach. 

A month after Law and Kona had gotten closer, was the day that Law was to depart from his crew. He would be going to Punk Hazard alone and then to Dressrosa. 

It was only a few weeks ago that he had told his crew that he would be going alone. There was outrage and concern from every member of the crew. 

"ATLEAST TAKE BEPO" 

"OR KONA"

"DO YOU REALLY THINK WE'RE THAT WEAK?" 

Law was about to scold them for speaking against him but before he could Kona took the stand. She explained why none of the crew could come and that it was actually the safest option not only for them but for the captain, if he went alone. 

"If we truly want to help  then the best thing we can do is pretend we have nothing to do with this. If Monet figures out that we are with Law then it's over" She stated firmly. 

The crew went quite. If Kona said it was the best option, then they believed her fully. Even though Kona knew it was the only way, she couldn't help but worry. To many factors could happen and if anything were to go wrong he would be up against the whole Donquixote crew alone. 

She had even voiced her concerns to the man but he didn't bother to listen much. 

"We can still come with you. I can command them to stay in the shadows, it's not a fool proof plan but if I'm there I can save us!" She pleaded.  

Law wouldn't even respond. He would sigh and then walk away. His reaction only made Kona conclude what she had feared most. That her captain wasn't planning to make it back alive. She didn't confront him about his suicidal plan. She knew he wouldn'tlisten to reason. No matter how much he said this is what he wanted she knew that he was just as much scared as the rest of us.

Kona decided to give him as much comfort as possible to the man. They had become inseparable in the days leading up to it, which in the end would only make saying goodbye hurt more. 

Finally, When the night before Law would depart came. Kona couldn't sleep a wink, images of what could happen to Law ran on repeat through her head. One scenario occurred where Law was at Dressrosa, Doflamingo had beaten him to pulp and was shooting him mercilessly. Kona was starting to scare herself to the point of shaking. 

She couldn't stand it anymore. She got up out of bed and walked through the hallways. All the way to Law's door. Her heart was pounding loudly and she sadly knocked on the door. 

"...Law" she says. She envisions that Doflamingo was already here on the ship and was inside Law's room choking him to death. Her panic gets the better of her and she barges in. Inside there is a small light being shined from the lamp on Law's desk. Sitting in the chair was Law. He shoots his head at the door and was ready to yell at whoever it was coming in unannounced but then he saw it was Kona and the desperate look on her face. 

Kona could tell he wasn't getting sleep recently either. His eye bags were worse than normal, he hadn't changed clothes and he was shaking a little. Kona stood there trying not to show how scared she was for him. 

"I'm sorry" she says weakly. He looks away and nods. 

It seemed like he wanted to end the conversation there but Kona started to take steps near him. Then she bends over and cups his shoulders into an embrace and rests her head on his shoulder. 

"...Law-" she says through a shaky breath "I-I had a night terror...can I stay in here a little longer?".  He didn't answer but he allows her to turn off his light and pull him out of his chair. She walks toward his closet and quickly picks out a pair of pants he can wear to sleep. She hands it to him and pushes him to his bathroom.