Chapter 12: Post Nut Clarity

Vincent

We were coming up to a week into July and I had heard nothing from neither my parents nor my grandmother regarding a potential fiancée. I assumed that when my grandmother said 'July 1st', she in fact meant July 1st. But she didn't.

I was amid a conflict with myself. Did I consider Shadé to be a significant other, or was she just a friend? I knew that my feelings for her were exceeding a simple attraction. That was for certain. But I also didn't want to state how I felt out loud, for fear that I could jinx everything between us up to this point. I definitely didn't want to compromise our friendship.

That is what she was. She was just my friend; she was a friend that wasn't a friend with benefits, but one that I was very much mentally and physically attracted to. I don't think I would ever subject her to becoming a friend with benefits because I knew that it would make things a lot more complicated between us once I got engaged.

It also terrified me that if I tried to make a move on her, she would start avoiding me. Or even worse, lumping me up with Floyd like she attempted to do the first time. But when I really think about it, she didn't push me away. In fact, she looked like she wanted me to kiss her, but I could be wrong. Eh... I don't want to be wrong, so I'm going to stop overthinking it.

Regardless, my imminent attraction to Shadé has constantly left me with, for lack of a better word: blue balls. I could have used my handy dandy right hand, but I've always hated the repulsive feeling I'd have for myself afterward. And so, I called my real friend with benefits... my Abigail.

I had just flushed the used condom down the toilet while Abby was at the sink, washing her hands as she admired her naked body. It was something about her that didn't quite make her all that attractive as I recalled her being when she came here earlier. Now that I think about it, the attraction to her wasn't there either, I just needed a sexual release with another person. But now that I'd gotten that release, I would appreciate it if she'd leave already.

"I'm going to take a shower," I declared as I turned on the shower's faucet, wanting to get away from her for a minute.

"Wait, Vince? Do you remember the question you asked me about marriage," she suddenly asked as she raked her fingers through her brightly colored hair.

I stepped into the shower unit and closed the glass door behind me. "I do, Love," I replied as the cool water hit my skin. I preferred cool or cold showers over those satanic hot showers that women take. I'm not sure whose skin they're trying to burn, but it won't be mine.

"Well, Andy proposed to me."

Yikes!

"Did he now," I said sarcastically as an amusing smirk found its way onto my features. I knew his proposal to her was coming sooner rather than later. Andy was so clueless to Abby's two-timing nature, I'm sure if she had a sex tape leaked, he'd be the very last person to even find out. Whether he found out I'd been breaking in the back of his girlfriend for the past few years didn't really matter to me. I owed the man nothing, but she as his girlfriend owed him loyalty and respect for their relationship. If he ever approached me cordially about the situation, I will ask him one question though.

Isn't she your woman?

The question has the potential to come off rude, but it's a legitimate question. Everyone has the potential to sleep with anyone they share a sexual attraction to. For those in relationships, like Abby, they had a choice if they wanted to remain loyal to their partners or destroy that loyalty by sleeping with a third party. Obviously, Abby chose me every time.

"Yes, but I told him I'm not ready," I heard her state as I washed the dried sweat off of my body. "Because I love spending time with you." Her voice sounded very sultry and closer. I didn't realize she was so close until she opened the glass door of the shower unit.