C28

I wake up back in my bed. I try to recall the memories from last night. They come flooding back into my sleep fogged mind and that's what wakes me fully up.

I bolt upright with a small bounce from the soft mattress. Blood rushes to my cheeks and my heart flutters. I place the hand over my heart with wide shocked eyes. I shake my head and slap my cheeks with both of my hands to snap myself out of this trance.

Wait. How did I get back in my bed? Did Husk bring me here after I fell asleep last night? The blood rushes back to my cheeks and I groan.

"What's wrong with me?" I whisper to no one in particular.

With a sigh, I get out of my bed and put my shoes on. Thankfully, I'm still in the same clothes as yesterday so I decide not to change.

I head down the elevator and trek through the lobby then enter the dining room. I see everyone is already up. Alastor is just serving breakfast he looks towards me.

"Ah! Looks like somebody's finally up! Good morning darling." Says Alastor.

I smile towards him bashfully and take my seat next to Angel.

"Yeah. I was up there for, like, fifteen minutes banging on your door. I thought you died." Angel says.

I roll my eyes.

"Shut up. You were barely up there for thirty seconds." Vaggie defends.

Angel clicks his tongue and is about to argue back, but Charlie intervenes.

"Well, she's up! There's no use fighting about it!" She smiles sweetly. "Let's eat!"

Nifty laughs excitedly and Ani eats a piece of waffle that Nifty gave her.

We all dig into the delicious fluffy waffles.

"Thanks Alastor. These were amazing." I compliment after I finish.

"Why, thank you dear!" Alastor smiles like usual. Maybe just a tad bit more genuinely though.

I smile back.

Suddenly Charlie's phone goes off. She takes it out of her pocket. Whoever is calling her makes her face pale and her sweet smile drop.

She brings the phone to her ear.

"Hey dad."

*That was like a little teaser of what's to come. Sorry for the wait. The next few chapters are gonna be pretty crazy. Why? Because they are the last few chapters of this book! We are nearing the end! I'm thinking about doing a sequel because I have a small idea for it. I couldn't find much on Lucifer's personality so I'm going to use what I did find and how I think of him to act.

Stay Tuned~