Chapter 47

Donghua had been silent all the way back to Tai Chen Summer Palace, he had not uttered one sound nor look in her direction. The minute they had crossed the threshold of the palace gates a maid had come to take her away to dress in elaborate silk robes. When she had returned to the courtyard, she found him in formal wear standing still as a rock with a terrible expression on his face. They boarded the waiting silver palanquin adorned with dark purple silk together and Feng Jiu briefly wondered if Cang'Ye Shenjun would also have to attend the Breakfast Wedding Banquet. While she was contemplating this, she felt Donghua fixed her with a cold stared and Feng Jiu looked at her finger nails that had been painted red the day before shutting down her thoughts.

"Husband," Feng Jiu begun and Donghua interrupted.

"I will not promise he will not meet a bloody end if he does this again." Donghua said coldly as he grabbed her elbow and pulled her against his body, an arm seizing her by the waist as he brought to face to face with him. "If the roles were reverse you would have been livid in rage."

Feng Jiu's eyes widened as she heard the truth in his words, her hands twisting in his robes as she was silence. She had done wrong holding Donghua back, if it had been him and another woman nothing would have stopped Feng Jiu from tearing into her throat. Donghua, who had read her mind, lifted his eyebrows at her as he held her gaze. Gasping, Feng Jiu tried reassured Donghua of her love, but he crushed their mouths together silencing her, his arms gathering her in a possessive embrace as he ravished her mouth.

As their tongues met in passion all rational though fled Feng Jiu's mind, the taste of his sweet tongue was overwhelming, and she moaned in appreciation as he stroked the roof of her mouth making her shiver. She felt a fire beginning in between her legs and knew that were it not for them been on the palanquin on the way to the wedding breakfast banquet they would be making love in bed at this very moment.

Through the fog of their passionate kissing Feng Jiu thought she heard talking and a few giggles before she was let go by Donghua. She watched him withdraw a silk handkerchief from within his robes to clean his mouth of her lipstick and lifting her eyes she realized in hot embarrassment that as they had been kissing the palanquin had stopped and the silk curtains had been lifted revealing them to the hungry gazes of the many noble lord's and ladies as they kissed.

Feng Jiu blushed beet red as she noticed a few of her family members had been watching, however as she exited the palanquin, she saw Cang'Ye Shenjun staring at her and knew at once Donghua had been sending him a message. Gathering her silk skirts in one hand, she saw Donghua offering his hand to her, this was outside protocol, they were not supposed to touch in public.

Their fingers met as his hand took hold of her own and she was helped out of the palanquin, this was Donghua's way of claiming her in public and making the physicality of their relationship obvious. If anyone were in doubt of whether they where in love or the state of their relationship those doubts would be gone by now and everyone would accept that their marriage was a love match.

Feng Jiu followed her husband closely as they weave through a procession of nobles who bowed to him and the sea of faces, she saw Supreme Demon Lord Xu Yang in attendance. Zhi Yue was in the crowd dressed in a soft blue, her lips red and her eyes heavily done, her eyes filled with hatred as she stared at Feng Jiu when she walked past. Feng Jiu noticed General Zhang Dong bowing to Donghua and attempting to engaged him in a brief conversation that was rudely rebuffed when her husband did not even pause as he walked up the stairs with her on tow. Heavenly Lord nodded at Donghua as he sat and Feng Jiu followed, sitting by his side amongst silk cushions.

"His Imperial Highness, Crown Prince Ye Hua and his Lady Wife, Crown Princess Consort, High Goddess Bai Quian." The announcement was made and at once everyone except Donghua, Feng Jiu, Hao De and Bai Zhi, rose to bow as Bai Quian and her husband entered the grand hall.