Chapter 51

Author's notes: In this chapter everyone talks politics, Feng Jiu also feels like punching a couple of people. 

=========================================

Feng Jiu was playing with Xinyi and Ah Li in a lower island rock as Donghua looked on while Lord of Numinous Treasures droned on about Xu Yang's arrest. His Lordship looked upon his Lady Wife's happy face; she seemed fine although he had lost control last night. There had been a moment where he had felt she had been immensely enjoying herself before he had gotten too rough. He ought to be more careful with her

"Niu Ying, Chief Celestial Justice, has notified me of his desire to retired from the Exalted Heavenly Court. He begs Your Lordship consider term limits for Celestial Justices of the Court."

"I do not accept his resignation. Ye Hua will become Heavenly Lord, and Mo Yuan will return to his spot as head of the Ministry of War in the Nine Heavens. I do not want any more changes as Ye Hua is settling in his position."Donghua said as he continued to look at Feng Jiu swimming in the ponds in her fox form.

"Niu Ying did say you would object. " Lord of Numinous Treasures said slowly. "However, he says he is soon to pass on the realm of nothingness."

"He is ill?" Donghua asked without turning around to look at him.

"Yes, Your Lordship." Lord of Numinous Treasures answered. "I am afraid there are two other Celestial Justices that wish to retire as well."

"Who?"

"Fa Li and Wang Lei." Lord of Numinous Treasure said sighing. Fa Li was a Qing Qiu judge appointed some three hundred thousand years ago; replacing him would be a headache.

"Three Celestial Justices retiring at once would mean a reshape of the court. Wang Lei was a swing vote in many key decisions and seeing as impartial. This is bad now that Qing Qiu is suing the Ghouls for reparation on the rice shipments, they must hold off at least fifty thousand years." Lian Song said with a worried look on his face.

Donghua, who his back to them, frowned slightly; this was a problem, already he needed to get rid of Zhang Dong in the Ministry of War to make way for Mo Yuan. Replacing too many Celestial Justices in the Exalted Heavenly Court could be seen as a problem by other nobles. The Court was historically stacked with Judges from the realms, and Donghua always sought to appoint two-Judge per domain. The Court Hearings on the appointees were lengthy and rowdy as Ammbasdors from the Realms came together to interview the judges he had chosen for the roles.

"Fa Li is old, Third Prince. He is one of the longest presiding judges in the Exalted Heavenly Court. Wang Lei is going blind, and he can no longer read the scrolls as he used to, there is gossip that his assistant, who reads him the documents, could be manipulating him."Lord of Numinous Treasures argued with Lian Song.

"Who gossips this things?" Liang Song asked.

"Zhang Dong and First Prince." Lord of Numinous Treasures answered heavily. "A few Ammbasadors from other realms heard them yesterday, and it has spread like wildfire in the Court."

"I shall have to replace them," Donghua said, realizing that doubt was cast over the decisions of the highest court in the universe.

"Would it not be best to hold off? " Lian Song asked. "Reshaping the courts could be perceived in a bad light now that Ye Hua is about to take the throne."

"Is it not an ideal time but change sometimes its necessary even when it cane prove inconvenient," Donghua said as he watched Feng Jiu fish out Xinyi from the water pond and turn back into her human form. "Draw up a shortlist of candidates. No time like the present to begin to choose new Justices."