Chapter 8

MADISON POV
I'm with Elena we're going to the Salvatore house, I'm also missing school today but Jenna doesn't know that.

Damon opened the door and I smiled and hugged him "Hey, munchkin." He rubbed my back.

"Is Stefan here?" Elena asked I moved to the side of Damon "Yep." Damn said "where is he?" Lena asked.

"And good morning to you, little miss "I'm on a mission." Dammy said to her and I giggled he looked down at me doing the weird thing with his mouth, that he said is called smirking.

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything you've done?" Elena crossed her arms "and how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib." He said

"If you wanted me dead I'd be dead." Elena said "yes you would." "But I'm not." "Yet." Damon said they are always arguing.

"Where is Stefan?" She asked again "he's upstairs singing "the rain in Spain." Damon said and walked out the house.

"Can I come?" I asked smiling"yes." He said "no." Elena said my smiled dropped "please?" I asked.

"No." She said "you're not my mom." I said "no,but..." Damon cut her off "Come on, I won't hurt my little munchkin would I?" He asked I shook my head.

"I don't..." Elena starts but I ran to Damon "bye." I said and left with Damon. "We're gonna get in trouble." I said

"Who cares." He said I laughed "where are we going?" I asked "I guess since you're coming what ever you want?" He asked and I did that thing he does with his mouth.

Damon and I went out and got some ice cream, he bought me a leather Jacket because I wanted one like him, then we got some food.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Damon dropped me back off, Elena and Stefan were really mad, they said I should stay away from Damon.

Anyways I'm going to the Halloween party with Elena and Jeremy. I went as Little Red Riding Hood.

As we walked through Jeremy scared a group of little kids. I giggled at their reactions.

Elena went looking for Vicki while I left and went to hang out with my friends from school.

"Hey, Benny." I hugged Ben "hey, mads...get any good candy?" He asked I nodded and showed him my bag which had a lot of candy mostly chocolate bars.

"Lucky." He said "you're sharing right?" Mick asked popping up "and why would I give away my favorite candies?" I asked

"Because I'm your favorite person in the whole wide world." He said I rolled my eyes "only if you're sharing." I said

"Deal." He smiled, Every year I'd spend Halloween with Nick. Tyler would buy us a lot of candy and we'd sit in his room watching movies.

"I gotta go find my sister, see you later." I hugged them both and went to find Elena and Jeremy.

I went out back where the buses were "No Maddie!" I heard and saw Vicki running at me her vampire face out, blood on her mouth.

Before she could reach me, Damon was in front of me and he stabbed her with something. She turned grey and fell to the floor.

"You ok?" He asked and I hugged him scared, tears falling out my eyes "you're ok, munchkin." He hugged me back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elena yelled and slapped Damon, she tried to get me to go with her and Jeremy but I wanted to stay with Damon.

"You okay, kid?" He asked "thank you, Dammy." I hugged him again "no problem, kid. You know you might be the only person I like in this town." He pulled away and I smiled.

He took me home, Elena made him take Jeremy's memories away now I'm mad at her. I'm not talking to her anymore.
                               3rd POV
Stefan sat outside Damon with him.

"Damon you need to leave Madison alone, she's a kid." Stefan said scared his brother would hurt her.

"I don't need to do anything...I like her, she's a good kid." Damon smirked "exactly that's why you need to leave her alone." Stefan stood up and walked closer to Damon.

"See, I was wrong I thought it was Elena who was the key to your humanity, but it's not...it's Madison...you care about her." Stefan said

Damon swallowed a lump in his throat knowing everything Stefan was saying was right.

"If you actually care about her, you'll leave her alone...you know it's for the best." Stefan said and left.

Damon did care for the baby Gilbert, but no way in hell was he giving her up because his brother said so.

It was the middle of the night, Damon climbed through Madison's window and saw her sleeping.

For some reason whenever Damon would look at her...he'd see Amelia, Maybe that's why he cared so much, Madison reminded him of Amelia.

Damon wasn't the only one who thought that, Stefan did too...he saw so much of the girl he once called his sister inside the youngest Gilbert sibling.

Damon walked towards Madison and stroked he cheek. "He's wrong, I do care about you Madison...which is why I can't leave you, not like I did her." Damon whispered.

When Damon turned and the compulsion Katherine put over him washed away, he filled himself with guilt.

That's the reason Damon hated Stefan...Stefan made Damon live an eternity without the woman he loved with everything in him.