xxxiii.

It had officially been eight months, one week, and three days since Harry and Louis had seen each other back over the holidays.
They'd both been busy with work; Louis teaching his summer term at the university, and Harry preparing for his new position and big move to Edinburgh. The summer term was coming to an end, and Harry wasn't going to be moving to Edinburgh for another week and a half.
Which is why, the last day of teaching summer term, Louis' legs nearly gave out when he got to his flat and saw Harry sitting outside his front door, reading a book and waiting for him.

"Harry!" Louis gasped, his hand went to cover his mouth that was wide in surprise.

Harry looked up from his book with a massive grin and stood up as Louis made his way to him.
"Hey Lou." Harry smiled and pulled him into a tight hug in the middle of the hallway.

"Oh my god, you're here. I thought you weren't coming til next week?" Louis rushed out, grinning from ear to ear and quickly unlocking the door to his flat.

They barely had the door shut behind them before Louis was pulling Harry in tight and pressing kisses to his cheeks and lips.

"Fuck, I'm so happy to see you."

Harry giggled and wrapped his arms tight around Louis' waist, kissing his neck.
"I'm happy to see you to, love."

"Why are you here so soon?" Louis asked, grinning at Harry as he pulled back from their hug and kicked his shoes off.

"Had nothing left to do in London. I wanted to see you."

Louis pulled Harry with him to the couch and sat down.
"This is the best surprise." He grinned and kissed Harry's cheek.

"I'm glad." Harry laughed. "I think-- I think I might have another surprise for you though."

"Oh?" Louis smirked and kissed Harry's neck softly.

"Ye--Lou. Louis." Harry half laughed half moaned. "I'm serious. I've actually got something to show you."

"Mmm. Okay." Louis chuckled against Harry's skin. "What is it?"

"You've got to go somewhere with me."

"Where?"

"You'll see." Harry grinned. "Grab a jacket, love. It's getting brisk out."

"Harry." Louis sat up straighter and huffed a laugh.
"You just got here. Are we really leaving again? I want to cuddle you for..."
He checked his watch.
"The rest of the night."

Harry cupped his jaw and pulled Louis in for a deep kiss.
He whispered softly against his lips. "I promise, after this we can come home and cuddle for the rest of the week."

Louis narrowed his eyes at him. "Fine, but I'm holding you to that."

Harry laughed and kissed him again before pushing himself off the couch and pulling Louis up with him. They both tucked jackets over their shoulders and slipped their shoes back on, Louis locked the door behind them, and they made their way back down to the street.
They talked as they walked, catching up on anything they may have missed in the other's life outside of their nightly phone calls. Louis followed Harry as they walked into city centre and nearly ran into him when he stopped abruptly in front of a tall, stone building.

"We're here."
Harry grinned and walked up a few stairs towards the large, engraved wood door. Louis followed behind him. Harry stopped in front of the door and pointed to a small bronze sign that had been fitted perfectly between the door and the golden lamp on the stone wall.
Louis' eyes widened when he read what it said.

Edinburgh Printing Co.
in association with Camden Press, London.

"Oh my god, Harry." Louis grinned at him.
"This is your new office? Your new business?"