Chapter 7

Claire made her way to the quidditch pitch with Arabella by her side. Arabella clutched Claire's hand tightly, excitement coursing through both of their veins. They were both sporting Gryffindor colors; red and gold. The two best friends made their way into the stands, taking a seat next to Roger and Cho, who both greeted them with a small smile.

"Cho, you need to keep an eye out for Potter. Explore his tactics," Roger said. Cho nodded, smirking. Claire furrowed her eyebrows at the girl, but shook her head, turning her attention back to Roger. "Claire, observe the chasers and the keepers. We need to know how to score. Chambers is sitting just a couple rows down right now," he said. Claire nodded.

As Lee Jordan announced both of the quidditch teams, Claire searched the Gryffindor team for a certain green-eyed seeker. She caught his eye, and he sent her a wide grin. She smiled right back as he shot straight into the sky. Claire shifted her gaze to the three Gryffindor chasers, Angelia Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, and Katie Bell.

___

As the game continued, Claire's brows squeezed together in concentration as she watched the three female chasers fly in a triangular formation. Suddenly, her eyes switched to Harry, who was zooming at full speed towards the ground. Draco Malfoy followed him, taking the lead. Claire clenched her fists in anticipation as Harry and Draco raced towards the snitch, neck and neck.

Harry shot up from the sky, his left fist clutching the snitch. Claire cheered, along with most of the school. Audible groans could be heard from the Slytherin student body, but everyone ignored it. Suddenly, a bludger came flying at Harry, hitting him sharp in the side. Claire gasped, standing up. She ran towards the field, where the Gryffindor team was crowded around Harry.

He got up shakily, clutching his side. Harry scoffed, rolling his eyes at the Slytherin quidditch team. He shook his head, a grin spreading across his face. He wasn't going to let them ruin his joy of winning. Claire smiled at his happy face, making her way to his side. Harry's grin grew even wider at the sight of her. He pulled her into a hug, which she gladly returned.

"You did great out there," she said. Harry smiled.

They were interrupted as Draco made his way towards them, a rotten look on his face. Claire let out a heavy breath, knowing what was coming. Draco spat insults left and right, mostly directed at the Weasley family. Claire clutched Harry's hand, who was holding back George Weasley. George's twin, Fred, was being held back by all three of the Gryffindor chasers.

"Or perhaps, you can remember what your mother's house stank like, Potter, and Weasley's pigsty reminds you of it-"

Draco was cut off by George charging at him. Harry's hand slipped from Claire's as he followed George. Claire watched as Harry punched Draco right in the stomach, the snitch still clutched in his hand.

"HARRY!" she bellowed. The boy didn't stop as he continued to beat up Draco. He was knocked away by an Impediment Jinx, coming from Madam Hooch. Claire's head spun with anxious thoughts as she watched Madam Hooch scold Harry and George.

___

Claire sat with Harry in the Astronomy Tower later, tending to his bruised knuckles. He was fuming after the fight, and when Umbridge had banned him and the Weasley Twins from quidditch, it made him even more angry. Harry had refused to get treated by Madam Pomfrey, storming away after handing in his Firebolt reluctantly.

"Has Oliver written back yet?" Harry asked quietly. Claire nodded. "He said that he would be home for Christmas, and that we could talk then," she said. Harry smiled, looking from his hands to her eyes. "That's brilliant!" he exclaimed. Claire chuckled nodding. "Yeah, it really is," she said.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to vote!

Stay cool, Anika<3