Chapter 14

"Claire, wait!" Harry called out as D.A members filed out of the Room of Requirement discreetly. Claire's heart skipped a beat at the sound of Harry's voice calling out for her as she turned around, whispering a quick "see you later" to Arabella.

The Room of Requirement was now empty except for the two fifth year students, staring at each other somewhat awkwardly. Harry was the first to break the silence, stepping towards Claire.

"I'm sorry," he said, making Claire shift her weight from one foot to another. Harry took a deep breath before speaking again. "I shouldn't have reacted so dramatically. I was just jealous and an absolute idiot. I never meant to hurt you Claire. I hate that I hurt you, and if you-"

He paused, taking another deep breath. "And if you would take me back, I promise that I will never hurt you again."

Harry held his breath as he waited anxiously for her answer. Claire chewed her lip, deep in thought. She loved Harry, she really did. But was it worth it? He had indeed hurt her, and she was finding it surprisingly difficult to forgive him with open arms. Claire pushed all of her stressful thoughts away.

"Harry, it's going to take some time for me to forgive you," she said. Harry looked down at the floor, his heart dropping.

"But that doesn't mean I don't want to be with you."

Harry's head snapped up. "So, what does this mean?" he asked slowly. A small smile tugged at the corner of Claire's lips as she stepped closer to Harry. "We're going to take this slow- at least until you can prove to me that this is worth it," she stated.

Harry took another step towards her. Their toes were now touching, making Claire release a short breath. She looked into his striking green eyes. She didn't know what it was, but it felt like a magnet pulling her to him. Claire stood on her toes, pressing a slow kiss to his lips. Harry kissed back softly, his eyelids fluttering closed as he placed his hand on the small of her back.

As Claire pulled away, Harry smiled slightly. "That didn't seem like taking things slow," he whispered.

"Shut it," Claire mumbled, pushing her beet-red face into his chest. Harry laughed, wrapping his arms around her. He put his chin on the top of her head, sighing.

He had finally gotten her back, and in that moment, that was all that mattered.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Teehee I hope you liked this chapter! For some reason, this chapter was extremely fun to right. Don't forget to vote and comment if enjoyed it :)

Stay cool, Anika<3