Chapter 13

It had now been around a week since Harry had broken up with Claire. They were both miserable, but it was Harry who felt worse. Arabella had never left Claire's side. She was always there to make sure she was eating, drinking water, sleeping properly, doing her homework, and anything else that Claire needed to do. Claire was perfectly capable of doing these things herself, of course, but Arabella watched her like a hawk, not wanting her best friend to fall into the dark hole of heartbreak. Meanwhile, Harry had been stressing greatly. He had been focusing on Dumbledore's Army to take his mind off of Claire, even though he had vowed to make things right with her.

Claire clutched Arabella's hand as they snuck into the Room of Requirement. Despite Claire's breakup, she still attending every D.A meeting, knowing that the lessons Harry taught were more important than her broken heart.

"Gather round, everyone!" Harry said. He met Claire's eyes, giving her a small akward smile. Claire looked down, biting the inside of her cheek.

"We're learning the Patronus Charm today," Harry said. Claire lifted her head back up, a smile spreading across her face. Harry looked around the group of students with his eyebrows raised. "The Patronus Charm is easily one of the most difficult spells to master. Don't be disappointed if it takes you a while. Some of you will have non-corporeal patronuses, but don't fret. It's still an accomplishment," he said. Everyone nodded as Harry continued to explain the charm.

"The incantation is Expecto Patronum. You have to think of your happiest memory. It needs to be strong enough. It may take a couple tries to find the right memory."

Harry took a deep breath as he closed his eyes. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

A shimmering silver stag erupted from his wand, making all of the students gasp in delight. It pranced around the room, earning a large round of applause.

"Now, spread out and give each other some space!" Harry ordered. The circle of students shuffled around, taking different places around the room.

Claire took a deep breath, trying to concentrate on a happy memory. She thought about flying with Oliver as she raised her wand. "Expecto Patronum!" she exclaimed. Nothing happened, making her let out a heavy breath.

Harry watched from across the room as Claire attempted to cast the Patronus Charm. He bit his lip before making his way over to her. The green-eyed boy stood behind her, his mouth less than an inch away from her ear.

"Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and think of your happiest memory," he whispered. Claire felt a ripple of chills go down her spine as she heard his voice. She took a deep breath, letting her eyelids flutter closed.

She focused on her happiest memory; dancing with Harry in the rain. She remembered how his strong arms felt around her as they laughed, and how his lips felt agains hers as the rain thundered down on them.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

An enormous silver animal erupted from her wand. She watched as it pranced around, smiling at it. It looked quite similar to Harry's but her patronus was female.

It was a doe.

Arabella ran up to Claire, excited squeals escaping her mouth. Suddenly, Harry felt a tug on his arm. Hermione dragged him away, an unreadable expression on her face. "Her patronus is a doe, Harry. You understand what that means, right?" she asked. Harry scratched the back of his neck, shrugging. Hermione let out an exasperated sigh, rolling her eyes.

"Harry, your patronus is the same as your father's. It's a stag. Claire's is the same as your mother's. It's a doe. Your patronus can sometimes reflect your soulmate's. Don't you get it, Harry? Claire is your soulmate!"

The green-eyed boy stood frozen in place. He opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. Hermione squeezed his arm gently, giving him a small smile before walking off.

Harry's eyes trailed to Claire, who was chatting with Arabella excitedly. Tears filled his eyes, but he blinked them back quickly. He shook his head, pushing his urge to talk to Claire away. He made his way over to a couple of other students, immediately occupying himself with helping them.

______________________________________________________________________________

What did you think of this chapter? Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it!

Thank you all so much for 5K reads on this book! 

Stay cool, Anika<3