Chapter 12

Read the author's note at the end :)

___

"Oh, she looks so sad," Hermione said, watching Claire enter the Great Hall.

Harry lifted his head up, looking at his bushy-haired best friend. He chewed the inside of his cheek, looking down at the table without another word. Hermione rolled her eyes. When Harry had returned to the common room the night before, he had refused to give any details on why he had broken up with Claire. Hermione had learned the story from Asterio, who she found sitting by the Black Lake alone the night before.

Claire sunk into the seat beside Arabella, keeping her eyes trained on the food in front of her. Arabella gave her a reassuring squeeze to her shoulder. Asterio sat a couple of seats away, with the quidditch team. Arabella had been furious with Asterio when Claire had recounted the events of the day before. They had a screaming match in the Ravenclaw common room until Claire had come down from her dorm, dragging Arabella back to their dorm.

"Claire, you have to eat something," Arabella said, handing Claire a piece of toast. She watched as Claire gingerly ate the toast, her sad expression staying present on her features. Arabella sighed, glancing at the Gryffindor table. Hermione caught her eye, giving her a sad smile. Arabella gave a small nod back before turning towards Claire once again.

"Honestly, Harry, you know I only want the best for you, so listen to me. I know how happy Claire makes you. You need to fix things with her," Hermione said. Harry let out a heavy breath, knowing she was right. He had only realized how horribly acted when he was laying in bed.

"I'll make things right. I promise."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it :)

PLEASE READ: I've seen a couple of comments about how I skipped the details of their relationship. I know, but there is a reason, I promise. Claire and Harry's story is far from over. I needed them to be dating for at least a little bit before a break-up. So, bare with me as the story continues, alright? Thank you! 

Stay cool, Anika<3