Chapter 8

Harry had told Claire about Dumbledore's Army, a group of students that had come together to learn proper Defense Against the Dark Arts. Umbridge was only teaching them through books, and they weren't allowed to practice spells. Harry had become the teacher, seeing as he had faced many instances with the Dark Arts.

It was now the day that the students of Hogwarts would head home for the winter holidays. Claire was looking forward to spending time with Oliver. Unfortunately, Harry had left the school just the night before, along with the Weasley's for an urgent matter.

Claire boarded the Hogwarts Express alongside Arabella and Asterio, the excitement jumping out of her skin. They settled in their usual compartment, which also held Luna Lovegood, a fourth year in their house.

"Hi, Luna," Claire said, greeting the younger girl with a smile.

"Hello," she said in her usual majestic tone. The ride back to Platform 9 ¾ was not particularly boring, as Claire became engrossed in a rather interesting conversation with Luna. As they came to a stop, Claire became giddy again, eager to see her brother.

Claire, Arabella, and Asterio stepped onto the platform, each taking a breath. Asterio cracked a grin as he saw his family. He pressed a kiss to either of the girls' heads, winked, and then slipped away to greet his family. Claire chuckled, pulling Arabella in for a hug.

"See you later," Arabella said, saluting the girl. Claire rolled her eyes playfully as they walked in different directions.

Claire searched the platform for her parents, but they were nowhere to be seen. She sighed, getting ready to reach for the Muggle money she had tucked away in her bag for emergencies. Before she could pull the money out, she spotted an anxious looking man standing a couple of feet away from her. Claire grinned, starting to run towards her brother. Oliver turned his head just as Claire reached him. They embraced each other in a tight hug.

"I am so sorry, Nic," Claire smiled at the familiar nickname. She hadn't heard it in years because Oliver was the only one that called her Nic. It was a shortened version of her middle name, Nicola.

"I honestly don't know what got into me. I just-" Claire cut him off, covering his mouth with her hand. "Ollie, I forgive you. You're talking to me now, so let's focus on that," she said. Oliver nodded, throwing his arm around his sister's shoulder with a smile.

"How are we getting home?" Claire asked. Oliver smirked as they made their way into an alley by the train station.

"Side-along apparition."

Claire groaned, making Oliver laugh. She made sure her broomstick was tied tightly to her backpack before gripping Oliver's arm tightly. They apparated away with a sharp CRACK!

___

Claire squeezed her eyes shut as her feet hit the ground. She stumbled forward, but caught herself before she could fall. She slowly peeled open her eyes to reveal her home.

"Mom! Dad!" Claire exclaimed. Mr. and Mrs. Wood both greeted their daughter excitedly.

Claire and Oliver had made their way out onto the wide patch of grass near their house. "Ready, Nic?" Oliver asked. Claire smirked, nodding. Oliver released the quaffle before shooting into the air on his own broomstick, flying in front of the three ring-shaped goal posts.

They played for what seemed like hours, laughing and throwing the quaffle around.

___

The next morning, Oliver burst into Claire's room loudly. He threw the covers off of her bed. She groaned, attempting to turn away from him. Oliver laughed, scooping her up with ease. She shrieked as he thundered down the stairs.

"It's Christmas, Nic!" Oliver exclaimed, placing his sister down next to the tree. She rubbed her eyes sleepily. "You're such a child," she grumbled. Oliver shrugged, grabbing a present from under the tree.

Before he could unwrap it, a snowy owl flew through the window, causing Claire to gasp. She recognized the owl almost instantly, and so did Oliver.

"Something from Harry?" he asked. Claire furrowed her eyebrows at him as she untied the small package from Hedwig's foot.

"How did you know?"

Oliver grinned wickedly at her. "He sent me a letter in November. I hadn't replied to your letter yet, and he wrote to me to tell me off. I reckon he REALLY fancies you."

Claire's face went hot as she blushed a bright red. Oliver winked, turning back to his unopened present.

Claire carefully peeled open the brown wrapping paper of the package from Harry. A letter, as well as a small box tumble out. She opened up the letter first.

Dear Claire,

I hope this gets to you on time. Happy Christmas! How is it going with Oliver? Sorry that I didn't say goodbye before leaving Hogwarts. It was an emergency, but everything is alright now. I'll see you soon though. I want to hear all about your holidays.

I got you a little something. I hope you like it.

Harry

P.S. I really liked the book you sent me. Thank you!

Claire smiled as she set the letter down. Her fingers tenderly opened the box, gasping at the contents. A ring sat cushioned in between the velvet. It was all silver with the exception of a single blue sapphire stone.

"Wow," Oliver whispered. He was now standing right behind Claire. She nodded, letting out a heavy breath. "Wow, indeed," she said. Claire slipped the ring onto her finger, admiring it.

"Now I feel bad. I just got him a book that I thought he might enjoy," Claire mumbled. Oliver shook his head, returning to his presents.

"It's Harry we're talking about. He'll definitely appreciate the gift, no matter what it is."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Here's a holiday chapter for you because it's Christmas!

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.5K READS ON THIS BOOK!!!

Stay cool, Anika<3