«58 - You Lost»

A/N: I'm so sorry for the late update! I've been working on another book, so this counts as the Sunday update.

*Grace Field Farm*
*(Y/N)'s Perspective*

As the phone call ends, I sigh from relief.

Musica and Sung-Joo are safe... Thank God. But how is Lewis still alive...? I can't really complain after what he just did for us, but...

"Don't move." I call.

As Ratri turns to face us, I look into his tearful eyes, as the last remaining hope leaves his him cold and alone.

He stands up with his arms out. As Emma approaches from behind me, her gun fixated on Ratri.

"Got it. I lose. Please don't shoot me." He begs.

Norman and Ray catch up. I feel them close to me, their breath down my neck.

"I was wrong! I'll do anything! So please, don't shoot me."

Ratri slowly inches towards us, a concentrated expression dominating him.

That bastard is planning something. Does he... want to take us down with him...? Like I'd let him!

As he takes another step, his right hand reaches for his left sleeve as I raised my Katanas. Although... before either of us can do anything, Emma talks.

She lowers her gun and says,
"We don't intend to kill you. We came here to talk to you."

Ratri stands there confused. He likely expected us to kill him straight away. It's quite the shock.

"Huh?"

"You heard us. We won't attack or retaliate against the Ratri Clan in any way. Only if, you approve of our freedom. That's all we ask." I add, lowering my weapons.

"We'll all go to the Human world. We want you to approve and not get in our way. To leave us alone." Emma demands.

"You're going to forgive me...? You're really going to..." He cheers, fakely.

"We can't forgive you." Emma and I exclaim in unison.

(Reference from Manga, Chapter 172)

I could never forgive the Ratri... They're the root of all our problems. They were the root of Yuugo's and Lucas' sacrifice. They were at the root of Norman's transfer to Lambda. It's them who were the root of this world in the first place. But...