«55 - Starving»

"How come you are... so terribly starved?"

The Queen's movement stop, her face reverted to faceless and her cape draping onto the floor.

"You, who are richer than anyone, who can have anything you want..." Musica looks down on the giant figure.

I take the opportunity to protect Musica, as Sung-Joo does the same.

Sung-Joo swings his spear as I sway my Katanas although, the Queen jumps away to avoid any injury.

"It's all fine, you two. Thank you, (Y/N) and
Sung-Joo." Musica thanks.

"Another Emma, huh?" I joke to myself, whilst still facing the Queen.

"Aɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛɪʙɢ sᴇɴsᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ʏᴏᴜ... Mᴇ? Sᴛᴀʀᴠɪɴɢ? Aʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴇᴀᴋIɴɢ sᴇʀɪᴏᴜsʟʏ?" The Queen argues.

"Yes. You are indeed in starvation. No matter how much you eat, how much you get, how far you climb... You can never be satisfied."

Starving... You could starve for food, but that isn't the only thing you can starve for. There's knowledge, power, status. There is an endless list of what you can starve for. This Queen is truely  starving just as Musica says.

"It is heartbreaking. I am sad for you. What is it you really desired? What is it you fear so much? If only you could feel satisfaction... Your future would've been much more different."

My stance softens as I listen to Musica empathise with Legravalima.

"You were a prisoner of your own insatiable desires. You forgot how to respect God... You overindulged in taking life. And you haven't even noticed that in the end, all you did was provoke your own ruin."

Provoke her own ruin? Does she mean Cattle fighting back... or something else? A weakness or maybe, self-destruction...!

"Lᴜᴅɪᴄʀᴏᴜs. Dᴇsɪʀᴇ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛᴇsᴛ ᴠɪʀᴛᴜᴇ. Iᴛ ɪs ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴛʀɪᴠᴇ ᴏɴ. Sᴏ ɪɴsᴀᴛɪᴀʙʟᴇ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴍᴇᴀɴs ʙᴏᴜɴᴅʟᴇss ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ... Rᴇsᴘᴇᴄᴛ ғᴏʀ Gᴏᴅ? Lɪғᴇ? I ʙᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ. Fʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍE ɪ ᴡᴀs ʙᴏʀɴ, ɪ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ. I ᴀᴍ ᴛʀᴜʟʏ sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ. Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ. Tʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ғᴇᴀʀ! Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴜɪɴ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ? Yᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ." The Queen rants.

"No, you have already ruined yourself. See, you are already dead."

"ᴏᴜɢʜ ғ ʜɪs ʙʙʙʟ! Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʜɪɴ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ!" The Queen screams, charging at Musica.

"MUSICA!" Emma shouts.

I slice my Katana into her back as Sung-Joo stabs the front.

I swiftly move out of the way, before masses of adhesive can touch me.

Wait, it's not adhesive... it's them. The souls of all who the Queen Legravalima has consumed.

Adapting to what you have eaten, huh? Guess it was a bad thing for the Queen.

"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝔸𝕥𝕖 𝕋𝕠𝕠 𝕄𝕦𝕔𝕙, 𝕦𝕖𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕖." I frown, turning to face her.