«40 - Persistence»

*TW: Gore*

"Emma, are you free?" Oliver calls me into a tunnel to my right and takes out a piece of paper.
"Look at this." He hands me the paper.
"Lucas gave it to me as we were leaving the bunker."
"A note."

"Before the enemy attacked, Lucas received contact with our ally." Oliver explains.

Contact? With our ally? This is great, but...

"The phone... It really happened? I thought the enemy killed our allies." I open the note to find, "This..."

"He heard a loud noise, at first. Then, a twenty second tape. It said..."

"мy naмe ιѕ Wιllιaм Mιnerva. ι aм ѕeттιng a revolт. leт'ѕ revolт once agaιn, тo тнoѕe ιn тнe нυмan world. pυт an end тo тнe Neverland and мaĸe a new proмιѕe. eхιт тнe ғarмѕ and go тo тнιѕ place. ι'll вe waιтιng ғor yoυ, ғor all oғ yoυ. 7 3 5 9 4 1 10 10 7 13 2 21 8."

"There were a set of numbers, after that. That's what's on the paper."
"Minerva... is still living?!"

No, that was just a sound clip. But...

"I don't like the vibe this gives off.... You, Lucas and (Y/N) heard the other recording of Minerva." Oliver adds.
"At Goldy Pond, Minerva seemed like he wanted us to decide. This time..." I recall the conversation at Goldy Pond and the one at the Shelter Lucas heard.

It just doesn't feel the same.

"He could have changed his mind. A different person is possible, as well... But... in any case, it's not the enemy. Ah, with the timing of the call the enemy would have set up a trap, beforehand. That would be the smart thing to do, at least." I access.

Who could be claiming to be Minerva, is able to contact us and is not an enemy. Minerva, himself? Or a living ally...? (Y/N) would've given me great advice here... No! No time to think about that!

"Right now, we're safe. But if the enemy finds this place and attacks, we'll be enclosed. Like at the Shelter. We don't know what this means, but to defend and attack the Ratri Clan, we should team up with this person. We can have a small group check it out , so we can see who it is, at the very least." Oliver advises.
"Oliver..."

"He told me to show that to everyone if they didn't come back in a day. I could tell... Lucas was planning it from the start. I couldn't tell him to stop. I knew he had to do this. It's up to you. From now on, we need to protect our friends, no matter what it costs us. Only us. For Yuugo, Lucas and (Y/N). Thank you, Emma. I'm thinking we should tell everyone about this note tomorrow. I'm glad to have gotten your view on this before that happens." Oliver finishes.

Right then, Gilda bursts into our conversation.
"There you are, Emma!!"
"Gilda?!"
"This is bad... Dominic and Alicia are missing!"
"Huh...?"

*(Y/N)'s POV*

Huh? Where am I? Am I... being carried...? Is it Lucas or Yuugo? Did they make it out? Damn, I couldn't heal up. I'm still in the same condition from before I fell asleep.

"If you're awake, say something, you damned brat!"

That voice! Andrew!

"Let me go!" I struggle to get out of his grip and punch him in the throat. He lets me go and shoot me in the leg.

My screams echo throw the forest.
"That was your first warning." As I get a closer look of the bastard's face, I find that half his face was melted off...! You could see his bones and veins, as they pulsed, barely staying in place.