«25 - A Dangerous Game»

TW: DECAPITATION

After I separate from Emma and the other boy, I track down one of the demons.

I want to find out their personality-specific weaknesses in order to figure out a way to render them immobile it if it comes down to it.

I find wide tracks of a large demon and follow them until I'm lead to the hat demon from before, the one who stopped Emma's axe-throw.

I hide in the branches of one of the smaller trees, without a sound, and observe. He is strolling after Theo, Monica and Jake with the axe in his hand.

Theo runs in front of the demon to tell him about Emma, but doesn't.

Dammit, they're gonna die!

Jake pushes Theo away and moves further from the demon, while still not leaving. The demon throws the axe and it barely skims Jake's neck.

The demon retrieved the axe as Jake tells the other two to run. It's a disaster.

The demon uses the axe to decapitate Jake and runs after Monica and Theo.

He takes that same axe and slashes at Monica while I stay in the sidelines, like a damned coward...

As much as I'd like to save them, I would just become another victim to this monster...

He begins talking...
"I'm letting you go. Let this be known to the orange-haired girl and the (H/C)-haired girl. 'Come at me with revenge and hunt me down. My name is Lewis'." And with that, I jump from tree to tree and exit the scene.

Once I leave, I hear the music play, once more. That means the 'game' is over.

I run back to the little town following some other kids (some older than me) to find Emma.

As I arrive in the town, I find a box with plenty of medical supplies and people treating the wounded.

I look around to see a familiar orange-haired friend. I smile and run over ready to greet as I hear shouts and cries.

"Emma!" I wave. She's calling for... Theo, Monica and Jake. She'll be devastated when she finds out...

Emma turns to face me.
"(Y/N)! Where'd you go?! I was worried!"
"Who do you think you're worrying about?" I say, confidently flipping my (H/C) hair back, laughing nervously.

"We should find Theo, Monica and Jake! Theo needs medical attention." She proposes, taking my arm and running off to find the lonesome boy, unknowingly.

A moment later, I see Theo sitting on a stair, bandaged up and crying.

Emma sees him and pauses before approaching. She knows what's happened...

I hold her shoulder for comfort as she begins a conversation with Theo.

He tells her everything Lewis told him to say. Emma leaves and just sits down on another staircase.

I decide to sit next to her and not let her know I was there...

"Are you gonna mope around when there's kids to save? Doesn't sound very 'Emma' to me. Cheer up! I've got a plan anyway." Emma looks up to my (E/C) eyes as I give her a large smile.