«46 - Starting New»

"The safest method to rescue all cattle children forever... is hunting down the demons to extinction. This Neverland will soon be over. Let's create a paradise for cattle children in the demon world! If we destroy the farms, sooner or later, we'll be rid of them. The demons, the Ratri clan, the Neverland. I'll put an end to it all."

End it... all? Eradicate the demons? Am I... Will I be eradicated, as well? No, I shouldn't be thinking this. Norman could never... he could never kill me, right...? I feel sick... I-I need to get away.

"You don't have to keep running, anymore. Let's transform this world of demons into a paradise for the children!" Norman finishes his speech, as cheers roar from everyone.

I can't hear them. I won't hear them. I don't wanna die... I don't want Norman to know that I'm... What am I? Am I human? No... Am I a... Am I a demon...?

"-(Y/N)! Aren't you happy? We'll finally be free." Ray swings his arm around my shoulder and looks deeply in my eyes. That was when I realised what was going on.

"Of course! If we can get rid of all the demons, there'd no reason to fight. No reason to get hurt. No reason to die from those monsters." I cheer, faking a smile.

"If its all well, why not tell Norman about your origin?" Ray whispers in my ear.

"...Of course. I'll tell him tomorrow or the day after...!" I assure.

"I'm not convinced. I'll be here to talk, (Y/N). We all love you. When we found out, nothing changed. The worst that can happen is Norman using your strength to fight with him." Ray messes with my hair, as tears spring from my eyes.

"Thank you, Ray."

"...No more demons means no more hunting. No more shipping. We can live our lives without being eaten. Without being afraid all the time!" Beanie voices, disrupting my thoughts.

"What about the Seven Walls, though?" I ask, rhetorically.
"No... That option has any risks and conditions, too." Don counters.

"Right. If there is a good strategy to wipe out the demons... That would be the most reliable way." Ray adds.

Don't agree, Ray...! Wait, what does Emma think about this? I should... talk to her. Emma would give me some... nope, she wouldn't know what to do. She'd tell me something sentimental like, 'Follow your heart'. I could rant, though. Plus, from Emma's reactions so far, I think she's against this. Like she's troubled by it. Ray just made this complicated by agreeing.

"Isn't it great, (Y/N)!"
"We can help all the children!"
"And build a world without any more cattle!"
"They said it's the safest way!"
"Well help them beet the demons and the Ratri Clan!"

The children chatter, surrounding my nervous form.

"I'm glad..."

Gilda, too?

"This way, you guys won't have to put yourself in danger all the time, anymore... Emma, (Y/N)..."

"No matter how hard, how painful it was... You've been keeping us together all along." Violet contributes.

"Now you can finally take some weight off your shoulders, you know?"

"Having Norman on our side-"
"-Is like having a superhero!" The pizza duo adds, pulling at Norman's arms.

"Let's build it together and this time... The future we build will leave no children behind." Norman smiles.

A future... where no one is left behind? But what about the demons and the Ratri clan? Should I even feel empathetic towards them? They deserve Hell, no doubt! But if that Hell means death... Taking away their second chance... I don't want that... to happen...!