8 | scared

Luna knew running hadn't been the answer but it was the best she had at the time

Luna knew running hadn't been the answer but it was the best she had at the time. The last thing she wanted was for her daughter to get hurt or get killed at the hands of a monster. Luna had done everything she could to protect her daughter but unfortunately it hadn't been enough. When she had finally left him, she couldn't believe the feeling of freedom she felt. She and Mary were finally happy. They didn't have to worry about who came into their lives. But now, it would all be ruined and the last thing she wanted was to go on the run again.

Luna and Hen had been out for lunch when he had walked up to her. He had made a scene in front of everyone while she just stood there in shock, hoping that he would go away.

"You took her away from me and I promise I will make you pay for it. She is my daughter, you are my wife and you made the mistake of leavening me. You will not get away with this!" He yelled as he got in her face.

Hen did what she could to diffuse the situation but Luna stayed frozen. Why was he back? What would he do? She knew he was capable of running her life and scaring her in ways that no one could. Leaving him had been the best thing she had ever done for her and her daughter but she was terrified. Getting a divorce from him hadn't been easy but the courts were quick to grant it after looking through her hospital records and the best part, she didn't have to see him. As soon as the divorce was granted, she took her daughter and left him with the few belongings they had. Her parents and brothers had helped in any way that they could but this was something she needed to do. Having the conversation with Mary had been the hardest part but the child just wanted her mother to be happy.

"Luna? Luna? Luna!" Hen yelled as she shook Luna, who finally came out of shock but couldn't stop shaking.

"Why is he here?" Luna cried as the tears ran down her cheeks.

She knew that Mary's father couldn't take her away through the courts, especially not after what he had done to her the last time she saw him but that didn't mean he wouldn't do whatever it took to get his daughter back.

Hen hugged her tightly, comforting her, "We will never let that happen. You and Mary are happy. He gave you no choice but to leave him. You were only trying to protect your daughter. You have the law on your side. You divorced him, the courts have proof of him being an unfit father and he threatened you in public. We can call Athena and see what she says but we will help you through this."

Luna couldn't have been more grateful for Hen. Despite her horrible taste in men, she had finally found a good one and the last thing she wanted was to lose Eddie. He made her and Mary happy again. She had friends that loved her and treasured her, which is why she was currently sat in front of Athena at the Police Station.

Athena's heart went out to the woman. No one should ever go through so much hurting yet, Luna managed to pull herself out for the sake of her daughter and she couldn't help but admire her strength.

"I have everything that I need. The law is on our side. I will talk to the judge in the morning and get a restraining order. He will not come anywhere near you and Mary." Athena firmly spoke.

Luna exhaled heavily, "You have no idea how much this means to me. The last thing I want is for him to come back into Mary's life. She's so happy and it needs to stay that way. I will not have him take away her happiness."

Athena held her hand, "Your happiness matters too. You have a beautiful daughter who loves you more than anything, a boyfriend that will do anything to ensure you're happy and friends that will stand by you no matter what. You will get through this and we will stop at nothing to ensure it happens."

"I have no idea what I would do without any of you."