9 | open

The last thing Luna wanted was to worry Eddie but she knew he knew something was going on with her

The last thing Luna wanted was to worry Eddie but she knew he knew something was going on with her. She had been distant, trying to wrap her head around everything that was going on. Between the continuous drama with Sharron and the whole custody with her ex-husband, she was slowly losing herself and Eddie could see that. He wanted to do what he could to comfort her but it was wasn't easy and getting Luna to open up was quite difficult considering how stubborn she was.

"What do I do? I know something is going on and she's scared but she won't talk to me. I want to be there for her, she's obviously going through something but I don't know how to approach the whole situation since she won't even admit that there is something going on." Eddie admitted in defeat.

Hen sighed, "I don't know what to say. You're right, she is going through something but she's not ready to talk about it. All you can do right now is give her space and wait until she's ready to talk to you. She loves you but she's been through hell and opening up doesn't come easy to her. Give her some time, when she's ready she will tell you everything." Hen was so glad that Luna had found love, especially after everything she and Mary had been thought, but she still struggled to open up. Hen hated watching Eddie be so upset over something he had no control over but it wasn't her place to force Luna to open up.

"I love her but I hate watching her struggle so much. She means so much to me and Christopher." Eddie spoke with a small smile on his face. Luna meant everything to him and he wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of his life with her, hell just admitting that scared the crap out of him but no one had made him as happy as she, Christopher and Mary did.

Hen placed a hand on his shoulder, "You'll get through this, you just have to be what she needs."

"You make it sound so easy."

"It is that easy."

"I guess I owe you an explanation

"I guess I owe you an explanation."

Eddie shook his head, "You don't owe me anything. You're going through something and I didn't want to pressure you into talking if you weren't ready. I'm here for you, you know that right?"

Luna exhaled heavily, "You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you say that. I know that I struggled with opening up and these past few days have been hard but having you here, having the kids here, has made it easier. I'm not sure how to open up but I want to. I'm beginning to understand that I need to be more open with the people that I care about." Talking to Athena had really helped her, especially in terms of talking about what she's going through. It's not been easy but she's slowly getting there.

"You know I'm always here for you." Eddie promised.

Luna smiled softly, "I know. The reason I've been so off lately is because my ex-husband is back and he wants custody of Mary. You know, I never thought I'd be here. At some point I thought he was it for me and I was happy but then he began to slowly change. At first it was verbal but then he started putting his hands on me, and for a while I just bared it but then he started yelling at Mary. I was not okay with him hurting my baby so I called some friends, they helped me file for divorce and pack up all my stuff while the police arrested him. He got a few years but clearly that wasn't enough. He's back now and I'm scared." After her explanation it felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

"You are so brave but you don't have to do this alone. You know I'm here for you. No matter what happens we will get through this together." Eddie promised as he pulled her close.

Luna laid her head on his shoulder, "I'm scared."

Eddie nodded, "I know. It's okay to be scared, he hurt you but you're not alone. You have friends and family that will do everything they can to protect. You're not alone. I'm here for you. Nothing will happen to our family, i promise. I will protect you no matter what, I hope you know that."

"I do, believe me I do."

"Good because I'm here to stay."