prologue

"Late night?" Anna, her coworker asked

Luna smiled, "Not really. I'm excited to get back into teaching. Being home has been amazing so far and I'm glad Mary is loving it as much as I am. I'm just ready to start living life and making the most of it." The last year had been hard on the mother and daughter, especially after what had happened but they were determined to move on and make memories, while spending time with family.

"I'm glad. We're happy to have you back and I know the kids have missed you as well." Anna replied.

Luna sighed, "I missed them as well, trust me."

It had been a long day but Luna was happy

It had been a long day but Luna was happy. She was finally doing what she loved, teaching. The kids were glad to have her back and Mary was doing great in her new class. Luna was worried that Mary wouldn't settle in probably but she had made friends with a little boy named Christopher, who was an absolute sweetheart.

"Mary, are you ready to go?" Luna asked the young child. It was finally time to go home and she wanted to know all about Mary's day as she still felt bad about moving her again.

Mary shook her head, "No. Christopher's dad isn't here yet, mum. I don't want to leave him by himself. Can we please stay until his dad comes to pick him up? Please?" Sometimes Luna hated that she couldn't say no to her daughter.

Luna crouched down in front of the young boy, "Hi Christopher, my name is Luna. It's nice to meet you."

Christopher smiled brightly, "Hi Luna, I'm Christopher. It nice to meet you too." The young was an absolute delight and Luna was glad Mary had made such a good friend. None of them had realised how much time had passed before someone came running towards them, screaming Christopher's name.

"Dad!" Christopher exclaimed in excitement as he stood up to greet his father. Luna wasn't going to lie and say that she hadn't noticed how handsome Christopher's father was and from the looks of it, he was a firefighter.

"Hi, I'm Eddie Diaz. Sorry to keep you waiting." Eddie introduced himself.

Luna smiled softly, "It's no problem. Christopher is a sweet kid and it seems that both our children get along pretty well. We might just be seeing more of each other."

"I guess we will."