3 | past

"Thank you for everything, Eddie

"Thank you for everything, Eddie. I can't even begin to repay you for everything you have done for me and my kid. We really appreciate having you and Christopher around."

Eddie shook his head, "Don't mention it. Now, take this pills and take a shower. I'll get the kids ready, drop them off at school and the. We can go to your appointment." Luna nodded as she did what he asked as he went downstairs to get the kids ready.

It had been a couple of days since she passed out and she couldn't have been more grateful for all the help Eddie had given. At times, she wondered if she was taking advantage of him, despite him trying to convince her otherwise.

She liked Eddie, a conclusion she had come to after trying to deny it for so long. It wasn't easy, letting someone in after the last person almost destroyed you but with Eddie, it was easy. He just had a way of making her feel comfortable, happy and safe. Plus, Mary absolutely adored him, something that not many people had managed to achieve.

Lucky for her the doctors appointment had gone smoothly and she was allowed back to school. As much as she liked having Eddie around, she knew this appointment had opened a flood to new questions.

"Can you tell me about your scars?" Luna had decided to cook lunch for the both of them, as a small thank you to him for driving her around but she knew he was going to ask eventually.

At the doctors appointment, Eddie had seen her old scars. Scars that proved how far she had come but scars that she was shamed of. Luna always wondering if she hadn't been so forgiving, maybe she wouldn't have ended up in the situation that caused them.

Luna sighed as she sat in front of him, "It's a long story, one that will make you see me differently. Are you sure you'll be able to handle it?"

"Of course." Eddie confirmed.

Luna took a deep breathe before starting, "We meet when I was 16. He was sweet at first, caring but the longer we were together, the worse he became. He tried to control who I saw, what I did, where I went, everything. But I tried. I really tried to not lose myself in the relationship and I thought I could until one night. He got so mad at me for staying out late with my brother, you see he was shipping off the next day so I wanted to spend as much time together as I possibly could. When I did get home, he was pacing the living room and as soon as he saw me, he started yelling. I was so shocked I froze. Next thing I know, he beating me over and over again. He just would stop and then I passed out. When I finally came to, I was in the hospital. The doctor said, I had broke both my legs, broken an arm, fractured ribs, a concussion and I had been in a coma for two weeks. That's why I don't let people in. That's why I have been running for so long. I still look over my shoulder, I hate when people touch me, I can't stand hospitals and I'm scared to let anyone else in." When Luna had finished she story, both her and Eddie were in tears.

"I am so sorry this happened to you. I have never met a braver in my life. Thank you for telling me." Eddie sincerely spoke.

"Thank you for listening. You know, you're the first person, other than Hen that I have told my story?"

Eddie smile softly, "Well I'm glad you trust me."

"Me too. I'm glad I meet you, Diaz."

"I could say the same, Edwards."