11 | future

The past couple of weeks had gone past without a hitch

The past couple of weeks had gone past without a hitch. Mary was adjusting to having her father back in her life but she made it work with her mothers help, though she had made it clear that she also saw Eddie as a father figure. Luna was also doing much better, seeing a therapist and spending more time with the people she cared about. It hadn't been easy but they all made it work and the mother and daughter were much happier.

"What happened last weekend?" Luna then proceeded to tell her boyfriend what had happened.

The previous weekend had not been fun for the mother or daughter. As soon as Luna had dropped Mary off, Nigel had made a big scene and had the police called on him. Because of how violent he had gotten with her, the courts had revoked any visits that he had and Luna was granted a restraining order against him. Luna wouldn't admit it to her daughter but it was a huge relief not to have Nigel in their lives anymore.

"If I ever see him again, I'm going to kill him." Eddie growled. He did not like Nigel at all, from everything he had heard about him to how he acted in court and in that moment, he wanted nothing more than to kill the man for hurting the people he cared about.

Luna shook her head, "You will do nothing of the sort." As much as she appreciated Eddie standing up for her and Mary, she didn't want him to get into trouble for protecting them. He had done more than enough for the both of them and they couldn't be more grateful.

"I'd do anything for you and Mary."

"And for that, we will always be grateful."

Eddie picked up the kids from school that afternoon, telling Luna to treat herself with some pampering before the surprise that he had planned for that evening

Eddie picked up the kids from school that afternoon, telling Luna to treat herself with some pampering before the surprise that he had planned for that evening. So she got her nails and hair done and brought a new dress for whatever he had planned. He refused to tell her what he had planned but she knew that the kids knew as they kept snickering and giggling when she kept asking about asking about the surprise.

"Where are you taking me?" Luna giggled as Eddie held his hands over her eyes. When he had removed his eyes, she was greeted by a beautiful sight. Lights and flowers surrounding a table of two. She ain't sure how to react but she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Do you like it?" He asked softly.

Luna nodded her head softly, "It's beautiful." The two sat down to eat a delicious dinner before slow music started playing. Eddie stood up and held out his hand for her, Luna gracefully accepting his hand before they started dancing.

"We should do this more often." Eddie spoke to break the silence.

Luna rested her head on his shoulder, "I wouldn't be opposed to that."

Eddie took a step looking before kneeling down on one knee, Luna looking at him confused before catching on to what was happening and placed a hand over her mouth. She was sure she was crying but at that moment, she didn't care at all.

"Luna, in the short time that I have known you, I have never been happier. You have given me a beautiful family, a love so pure and the courage to be better. Being with you has shown me that there's more to life than what I have been shown, that there is so much more out there ready to be explored. You have shown me the importance of love and family. Before I met you, I didn't know what I wanted, all I knew was that I wanted Christopher to be happy and healthy but you've shown me a future I never thought I needed. A family, a wife and children. I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life loving you and our children. Being with you has made me feel free in ways that I didn't know I needed. You've shown me the true beauty of life and love. I love you, thats why I ask, Luna Edwards will you do me the honour of marrying me?" Eddie asked softly. He didn't have a speech prepared because he wanted to speak from his heart and he hoped that Luna could feel it.

"What?" Luna asked in disbelief. She still couldn't believe that he had gotten down on one knee and asked her to marry him. To her, this was not happening.

Eddie laughed nervously, "Marry me. I want you to marry me. What do you say?"

A moment silence passed before Luna finally spoke up, "Yes, a million times yes. Yes, I will marry you." Eddie beamed in happiness as he stood up and placed the ring on her finger. It was a simple rose gold ring but it was definitely her style.

Eddie pressed a kiss to her lips, "You know, for a second there I really thought you were going to say no." He had never been more nervous in his life than that moment, yet he couldn't have been happier when she had finally said yes. He was actually going to spend the rest of his life with the love of his life and he had no words to describe the happiness and joy that he felt.

Luna giggled, "I could never. You had prepared such a beautiful evening for the both of us and your speech had me in tears before you had even finished. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You have no idea how happy you have made me and Mary. I love you."

"I love you too. You have no idea how ready I am to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Me too, love, me too."