4 | direction

"Hey

"Hey. I missed you." Eddie exhaled gently when Luna walked into the house to pick up her daughter.

The last few days had been emotional, especially since she had finally told Eddie everything about her past. It hadn't been easy but she was grateful that he didn't look at her any different. In fact, he had been really sweet and tried to make her smile whenever he noticed a frown, with the help of Christopher because who wouldn't smile whenever that little boy did.

Luna smiled faintly, "I missed you too." They both knew their feelings were growing for each other but neither were ready to say anything.

Luna was still trying to pick herself up emotionally after the last couple of days and Eddie was scared to move on from his ex-wife and neither wanted to hurt each other.

The two of you made small talk, hoping to maximize your time together. They relished in each other presence. Even though neither of them wanted to talk about their feelings for each other, they loved to spend time together.

"How have they been today?"

Eddie sat down next to you before placing a cup of coffee in front of you, "You know how they are, absolute nightmares when they're together but they had fun. We went to the beach and we had tacos for lunch before getting ice cream for dessert. They had fun but I'm glad we're back home and I can relax. Two kids is a lot."

Luna laughed, "You are telling me. You should try teaching a class of 30 kids, it's rewarding but so draining sometimes. I'm glad you guys had fun. Mary loves spending time with you both and I'm glad she's making friends her age."

Another reason Luna refused to admit her feelings for Eddie. Her little girl meant the world to her and any decision she made would impact Mary's life so she couldn't take it lightly. It had been the two of them for so long so she didn't want to get up Mary's hopes of having a stable father figure in her life, no matter how much she liked Eddie.

"How are you? And be honest with me please?" Eddie spoke after a moment. He was glad that Luna was finally opening up to him but he knew he still had walls to tear down before she trusted him completely.

Luna sighed heavily, refusing to meet his eye, "It's getting easier but I still have nightmares. Sure I get them less, but when I wake up, I can't sleep and I usually have a pretty bad panic attack. I'm eating more and doing the things I've wanted to do for a while. I'm going to therapy and she says I'm doing better, emotionally and mentally. My physical health is also better, according to the doctor, my health has never been this good. It's going to be a long road but I'm happy. For the first time in a long time, I can finally say that I'm happy."

"I'm proud of you. I know it hasn't been easy but you're doing so well and you're not alone, always know that. You have a family that cares and loves you." Eddie reassured.

"I know, it's nice knowing I have people in my corner."

"Well, I'm always going to be in your corner."

"Eddie What are you doing here?" It was close to three o'clock in the morning when the doorbell rang

"Eddie What are you doing here?" It was close to three o'clock in the morning when the doorbell rang. Luna had no idea who it was as she was home alone. Mary was with her grandmother for the night so Luna was home alone but wasn't expecting anyone.

Eddie exhaled heavily, "Can I come in? I really need someone to talk to right now."

"Of course, come in."