7 | defend

The past couple of days had been tough for Luna and emotionally she had been all over the place but she was trying to keep a brave face for everyone

The past couple of days had been tough for Luna and emotionally she had been all over the place but she was trying to keep a brave face for everyone. After the day a the park, Eddie had been showering her in love and comfort. He never wanted her to feel like she wasn't enough, especially for him but something just had to ruin it.

Shannon had done whatever she could to keep Christopher away from her and Mary and they both hated it. Luna didn't want to say anything to Eddie as Shannon had every right to see her son and build a relationship with him and she didn't care if the people in his got hurt because of it.

Christopher and Mary had spent the morning helping Luna cook for the firehouse as they had been working a rather had shift and could use a home cooked meal. Luna had always loved cooking and cooking with the kids always made her feel better.

"You know you didn't have to do this?" Eddie smiled as he greeted her. He was glad to see her beautiful face, especially after the shift he had just had. It had been brutal and it was never easy loosing a person.

Luna giggled, "I wanted to help in any way that I could, I know this shift hasn't been easy and I wanted to do my part. How are you?"

Eddie sighed as he laid his head on her shoulder, "It's not been easy but we are getting through it together and I'm glad you're here. You always have a way of making me feel better without trying. Thank you for being here."

"Always. You know there's nowhere I'd rather be."

"I like the sound of that."

After a long day, Luna had agreed to put the children to bed while Eddie relaxed on the couch before a knock was heard, followed by yelling

After a long day, Luna had agreed to put the children to bed while Eddie relaxed on the couch before a knock was heard, followed by yelling. Luckily the kids had fallen asleep so Luna made her way downstairs to find Shannon yelling at Eddie.

"So you won't get back together because you're sleeping with her?!"

Eddie rolled his eyes, "We are not sleeping together. Our kids are best friends and we have gotten close. I like her and I want a relationship with her. We are trying and I'm not letting you ruin that, especially since you walked away. You didn't want to be with me or take care of your son. You left this family and we picked each other up. Christopher and I survived. If you want to be in his life, that's fine, you are still his mother but you do not get to judge whoever is in my life. Luna makes me and Christopher happy and that's not going to change because it makes you unhappy."

"You would choose her over me? Over Christopher's mother?" Shannon glared.

Eddie scowled, "It's not a choice when you chose to walk out of the picture. Luna stood by this family when we needed it the most. She means so much to that little boy and I'm not going to let you take her away from him."

"Eddie, maybe we shouldn't do this right now?" Luna softly spoke.

Shannon scoffed, "I did not ask for your opinion. This has nothing to do with you. Christopher is my son and I will make sure you stay away from."

"I don't like you and it's obvious you don't like me but that little boy deserves the whole world and nothing you do will stop that from happening. You chose to walk away from such a special boy and the only person that's going to regret not being here is you. Whatever is going on between me and Eddie, is between us and you have no say in that. If you want to be in his life, you have a choice to make." Luna firmly spoke.

"What gives you the right to say that?"

"I'm a mother and there's nothing I wouldn't do for my child."