Chapter 17: Unpleasant Reunion

Jungkook's POV
My eyes widened as I looked down to see it was Taehyung. There were so many questions I wanted to ask him.

"T-Taehyung?," I asked not believing my eyes.
Taehyung delicately stood up and took a man's hand that stood next to him.

Where's the kids?

Did he move on?

Is this his boyfriend?

"Who is this?" I asked, my heart sunk to the bottom of my chest.

"I should get going, let's not do this again," Taehyung said before trying to walk away, clenching the other man's hand.

I grabbed Taehyung's arm as he tried to pass me. He tried to shake me off.

"Taehyung, I-," I began to say.

The man with him took a step forward with a serious expression.

"He said he has to get going," the mysterious man said in a serious tone, taking my wrist and pulling it away from Taehyung.

Before I knew it, Taehyung was out of view as he ran to his car with the man. I wasn't sure what to do, but I knew I have to see him again.

Mingi tugged at my sleeve grabbing my hand.

"Uncle Scawry? Who was that man? He was really pretty," the kid asked clutching his lunchbox with his other hand.

"Someone I used to know," I said as so many different thoughts swirled through my head.

Taehyung's POV
I didn't know what to do. As soon as I saw it was Jungkook, I quickly took Bogum's hand. My other hand unconsciously fumbled with the ring on the necklace from the day I left.

I was lucky that the kids weren't there.

After I could finally realize what was going on, I quickly rushed to the car. My heart was beating out of my chest. I was confused why out of all places, Jungkook has to be there. I felt myself begin to hyperventilate as all the memories rushed into my head.

Why do you even care? Don't you just want my money?

I love you.

You shouldn't have been so stupid. Are you trying to kill our baby?

Happy Anniversary, Tae!

I'm sorry.

A worried Bogum rushed into the driver seat.

"V, who was that? Why was he calling you Taehyung?" Bogum asked.

Tears began to stream down my face, as I remembered all the good and bad memories of Jungkook. Bogum's eyes instantly softened as he looked at my tearful face. He reached and and brushed some of my tears away.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't rush you. I'll take you home and call Jin," Bogum reassured me with worry in his voice.

I nodded as we rode to my place in silence.

Jungkook's POV
After taking Mingi to preschool I stayed in my car for what felt like hours. I wanted to go after him, but I knew it probably wasn't the right time to do so. There was so many different questions that were spinning my head.

I kept thinking to myself about all of my experiences with Taehyung. I wish I could just apologize all over again and explain I'm not a part of the company anymore. I want to tell him it's ok, and I've changed. There are so many things I need to tell him.

Buzz Buzz
Jimin 😷 is calling...

I picked up the phone.

"Hey, Jungkook. How was dropping off Mingi? Did he cry a lot?" Jimin asked.

"Jimin, I found him," I said in both excitement and panic.

Bogum's POV
So that is what boss's son looks like...

Interesting... I didn't think it would take this long for him to find his precious Taehyung. Finally something interesting happens.

4 years prior...
"So, I have noticed that you know a man named V," a mysterious man appeared to me on my normal path to work.

It was a couple days after first meeting "V".

"I'll offer you 10 million a year in investments for your company. In exchange for monitoring this man as well as some other things. We will take care of you," the man offered before giving me a business card along with some pictures of what seemed to be Yoongi giving V a passport.

It wasn't a hard decision. You see my company made a horrible investment that month and we were going bankrupt. All I had to do was be nice to an attractive man to solve my problems.

end of flashback

Since then, Taehyung had been so annoying, always talking about his kids. Getting him and his kids to like me was tiring enough. I've also been trying so hard to up our relationship to the next level and have him tell me more about his life for boss, but I can barley find anything out that isn't already in his file.

I drove Taehyung to his apartment. He wouldn't let go of my hand. I placed Taehyung in bed after his little episode saying I would call Jin again for him and get him something to eat. He was so gullible.

I went to my Rolls Royce, finding the secret compartment in the back of the car. I reached for my burner phone that was given to me 4 years ago opening the only contact available on the phone.

To Boss:
He appeared today let me know your orders

I sat in my car putting the phone on the dashboard for a moment staring at the burner phone.

buzz buzz...

I quickly picked up the phone to reveal the message.
——————
Bit of a shorter chapter. lol i decided to continue after a bit. I will continue when I have time. Sorry if the formatting is off it's been a while.