Chapter 40

Taeyong's POV

I let everyone fight over the movie that we're going to watch. We finally pick one. I sit down behind Chaemin, since almost everywhere else is full.

Ah, they picked Ratatouille. Big surprise. I sigh at their immature choice of movie and sit back. However, Chaemin seems excited, so that's good enough for me.

~Time Skip~

The movie wasn't that bad, except for the fact that everyone was shouting at the screen during the intense scenes, laughing out loud at the funny ones, and fake crying at the sad ones.

I had to busy myself studying the part of Chaemin's facial expressions that I could see. As expected, she was laughing and being sad along with everyone else.

It was actually quite amusing.

"I'm bored," Chenle announces to everyone as soon as the credits start rolling in. I wonder when this boy will find something to entertain himself for a longer period of time.

"Find something to do," Kun replies dismissively from my right, where he's also trying to scold Yangyang for yelling right next to his ear for half of the movie.

"I'll find you something to do," Chaemin suggests nicely from the floor. She just might regret her decision later on.

"Can you tell me about yourself?" Chenle asks excitedly.

"Sure, why not?" she laughs. I can use this as an excuse to eavesdrop, since Chaemin seems like an interesting person.

"So, I'm 23, and I just moved here from America, New York specifically," she begins.

"Do you have any pets?" Ten interjects.

"I used to have a dog, but unfortunately, she died about a year ago," Chaemin responds sadly. I nod, knowing how bad it feels to lose a pet like that.

"I'm sorry. What's your favorite color?" Shotaro asks, changing the topic.

"Hm, probably black, it goes well with everything," she laughs, gesturing to her black jeans paired with a colorful hoodie. Another statement I agree with.

"What's your favorite school subject?" Taeil asks. The questions are just going to keep on coming and coming, aren't they? I don't mind, though, for once.

"I like art a lot. I actually have a degree in fashion!" she answers. It looks like we have a lot of things in common.

"I love art, too!" Johnny beams at Chaemin, who returns the smile along with a thumbs up.

"Where in the world would you want to go?" is Sungchan's question.

"Well, I've always wanted to come see Korea, so I guess that wish is fulfilled, right? I also think it would be cool to visit Thailand, because I've been told it's really nice!" she responds, now sharing a smile with Ten.

"Coffee or tea?" Jaemin asks. "This is a make or break question, by the way."

"Coffee," she says confidently and without hesitation. I hear a lot of excited noises from the members.

"Favorite part of your body?" Jeno questions.

"Probably my eyes. The rest of me is just average," she replies after a bit of thinking.

"No, I think you're pretty," I tell her quietly, but my voice is drowned out by the voices of everyone else. However, Doyoung, who is sitting to my left, hears me and gives me a look, making my face heat up. I brush it off and we continue.

Through the questions of everyone else, I learn a great deal of information, which I try to store in the back of my head, hoping I won't forget anything.

For example, she likes hoodies more than shirts, isn't great at cooking, loves melon, hates bugs, and is okay at organizing.

Then, Lucas finally asks the question that I've been waiting for someone to ask. "Who's your bias?" is that question.

"OT23," she responds.

"No, ultimate bias," Taeil clarifies.

"I don't want to hurt any of you," she frowns, trying to avoid the question.

"It's okay! We'll just work harder to climb up your bias list!" Jisung promises, making Chaemin ruffle his hair in affection.

"Okay, my ultimate bias is..." she drags it out as I tap my foot in anticipation.

"Taeyong," she finally reveals.

My eyes widen in surprise as Doyoung mutters "congrats" to me, although he sounds disappointed it wasn't him.

"Surprise surprise," Mark jokes.

"Th-thanks," I stutter. I don't know why it makes me so happy to know this information, but I'm ecstatic.

"But my second ult changes every two seconds, and maybe one day someone will claim the spot of ultimate bias! And I'm sure there are millions of NCTzens out there with you as their bias! Please don't worry much!" Chaemin quickly assures everyone, biting her nails nervously.

Cute.

Wait, what?

"It's okay, Taeyong is just a step higher than the rest of us," Renjun sighs, pretending to be hurt. Chaemin immediately starts apologizing, sounding guilty. I stifle my laughter.

"Taeyong, I think you're the only one who hasn't asked a question yet," Kun points out. Gosh, how did he keep track of that? I was barely even paying attention to the people who were asking questions.

A random question pops into my head. I think about whether or not I should ask it and decide to just go for it.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somehow this hit 11k reads since last chapter, so happy 10k AND 11k reads! We're literally hitting milestones I never expected to reach every single chapter, I appreciate all of you so much! 💚

Thanks for reading!