Chapter 43

Eunhae's POV 
(special chapter, first time trying this idek, pls let me know if it's ok)

12/14

Eunhae is leaving to Korea today. I'm excited for her, but I'm also really sad. Now that she's going to Korea, the only way we can hang out is over FaceTime. I'm sure going to miss her.

I kind of wish I was the one going to Korea. 

I've always wanted to go, but my parents see no reason as to why we would want to go anywhere except for New York.

"We have everything we need here," they always tell me. But I don't have everything that I want here. If I ever figure it out, I think I'll book myself a flight to Korea and stay there.

Maybe I'll finally be able to meet NCT in real life. I've been dreaming about that ever since they debuted. In fact, I was the one who introduced Chaemin to NCT a year ago. She's so lucky.

12/15

What the heck. Chaemin, that lucky bastard, met THE Lee Taeyong. Handsome and perfect. In all of his splendor and glory. My ultimate bias. Love of my life.

And on a freaking flight to Korea, too. Like, what? What are the chances of this happening? A perfect idol, sitting next to you on a plane...

AND, on top of that, she got to talk to him and is now somehow in possession of a signed photo from him. I would put my life on the line for that photo.

Chaemin's even acting like it's no big deal. If I were in her shoes, which I darn wish was the case, I would have asked for a photo with him, his autograph, maybe even a strand of his hair. A once in a lifetime opportunity, wasted. Gone down the drain.

I should convince her to go to an NCT concert. If I can't go myself, I at least have someone who's had the concert experience and can relay it to me. Perfect.

I've stayed up all night, too, researching ways to convince your parents to let you move out, go off to have your own life. I'm done with New York.

12/16

I'm doing it. I'm officially going to Korea. My parents don't even know about this! I'm planning to just leave a note in my room, telling them that I'm gone.

I got a ticket off my parent's money, since I have none of that. It was the last one, and, lucky me, the plane departs tomorrow!

It's currently late at night, and I'm up in my bed, searching up everything about Korea. I have one day to get ready, and I have to be prepared.

I have one goal: Meet NCT. Stay in contact with NCT, Taeyong especially. Maybe even... date him? I'll figure it out. Here I come, Korea.

12/17

It's happening. Today was my ultimate shopping day. With my parent's credit card, I went out and bought a whole new wardrobe. Goodbye hoodie and leggings, hello cool new style.

I made sure that all of the clothes is stuff that idols would like. Mind you, I changed my whole personality and style to fit them. This had better be good.

I feel the tiniest bit guilty about using so much money, but it doesn't matter, right? I might never see my family ever again in my life, this is their parting gift to me.

I'm packing my bags with all of my new stuff. The only things from "old Eunhae" I'm bringing along are my Kpop stuff. The clothes, decorations, childish memories, photos, are all staying behind.

I'm a new woman.

12/18

This Chaemin girl. I really thought she was normal. Well, apparently, her luck is anything but normal.

According to her voice messages, she has the numbers and locations of each and every single one of the NCT members and has talked to all of them.

All because of that dumb concert that I convinced her to go to. She somehow got a ticket to go meet them all personally or something. This world is actually so unfair.

Like, why Chaemin? She's only been a fan for a year, and I was the one who introduced her to NCT in the first place, anyways. It should've been me. What has she done to deserve this?

I'm on the plane writing this. I'm about to land, by the way.

Goodbye old Eunhae, hello Korea.

12/19

I'm actually done with Chaemin. She's not giving me any information about NCT. All I want to do is meet them, get to know them, you know- It's not like I have evil plans, yet she's acting like I'm trying to use and manipulate her.

Me, her best friend for all of college. The person who got her out of her little bubble, who helped and comforted her countless times, who introduced her to NCT. What an ungrateful excuse of a best friend.

Also, since when did she become like this, selfish and stingy? She's acting like I'm the one who changed. No, I'm just her best friend who wants to meet her idols. Nothing different.

I'm looking at something interesting right now, though. Chaemin is at an apartment building. She also told me that she was hanging out with NCT a lot recently.

This can only mean one thing.

That apartment building - that apartment building - is the key to my future. It's the location of the love of my life. Lee Taeyong.

It's been a few hours, and I'm now standing at this door. It's very loud inside, so I really think that I'm at the right place. Right apartment building, right floor... This is it!

But nobody is answering the door. I can hear mumbling inside, but then everything goes quiet. Are they okay? I'm trying to open the door, but it's locked.

I'll stay here until the door opens. All I want to do is meet them, the reason for my existence. And since Chaemin wouldn't be a nice friend, I can only do this myself.

This is my future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She sounds like a crazy psychopath lol what have I done

Thank you for 15k and 16k reads! Y'all are the best, stay safe and stay healthy! 💚

Thanks for reading!