Chapter 4 - Interlude

Ichinose POV

All of us 2nd years went out of the theater room. Mashima sensei opened the exit, and the students slowly followed him out.

I looked back a little, Horikita-san asked the class D students to stay in the room a little longer.

I....

Somehow I can't move my legs.

I want to stay too, I want to hear their discussion.

Because I know it's about Ayanokouji-kun.

His classmates must have asked him for an explanation, and maybe they will stay away from Ayanokouji-kun after this remembering what Ayanokouji-kun thinks of them before.

"Ichinose."

I looked back, Kanzaki-kun and Shibata-kun called out to me.

Unlike Shibata-kun who showed a worried expression, Kanzaki-kun firmly asked me not to interfere with other class's affairs.

Even though he was the loudest person all this time and was annoyed by Ayanokouji-kun's attitude of hiding his abilities.

I know he's acting like that because he's worried about class C.

However, somehow, I really find it hard to think of Ayanokouji-kun as an enemy.

He has helped me, saved me many times, he has shown me the way so as not to get lost in regret for my defeat during the year-end special exam.

But when I saw another side of him that was different from the Ayanokouji-kun that I knew....

For some reason.... I feel scared and.... Betrayed.

I realized, Ayanokouji-kun just seems to show a side of him that cares and worries about his surroundings.

Deep inside, there is the dark, terrifying side of a student named Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

I'm scared.... I can't seem to accept him like that.

****

I sat at a table directly connected to the barista table.

It seemed that this place was managed by only one person.

Verdeus-san is seen brewing the coffee I ordered.

Every now and then he went to serve other students who order, occasionally he went to deliver orders to the table where the students are.

If he were a normal human, it would be very troublesome to take care of all of this by himself, but he was a god-like being who could do everything quickly. He seemed to be moving at the speed of sound.

I buried my head in my arms on the table. My mind turned back to Ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, second year class D student.

Lately, his name began to be heard throughout the second year, even throughout schools. There won't be anyone who doesn't know him... I guess.

After he got a perfect score on a math exam, his popularity began to rise.

My classmates started talking about his name recently, among girls, a topic like this is something that is fun to talk about.

Ayanokouji-kun is an ordinary student at first. Apart from his appearance which was at the top rank, there was nothing attractive about him apart from that. But somehow, ever since I met him, I always felt that he was someone extraordinary.

Lately, I've started to realize how amazing Ayanokouji-kun is. He has saved me so many times, to the point that I fell in love with him.

Yeah, I admit it. I fell in love with him, as a girl. This feeling is very difficult to control.