Picnic

I KNOW I SAID A DOUBLE UPLOAD BUT I WANTED TO CHANGE IT INTO JUST ONE CHAPTER SO IT WOULD BASICALLY BE DOUBLE THE LENGTH BUT- IDK HOW IT HAPPENED I LOST THE WHOLE SECOND CHAPTER- I WANTED TO REWRITE IT BUT I HAD A DENTIST APPOINTMENT AND THEN GUESTS CAME SO I DIDNT HAVE TIME I'M SORRY I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS BEXT CHAPTER 😭😭

————

Thursday, one of the few days Tobio didn't have his guitar classes. He'd already expected a visit from the two Seijoh players, yet he didn't expect to see them BEFORE practice even started. They were there, waiting in front of the gate, waving Tobio over.

Tobio was confused, they knew when Karasuno's practice ended -or so Tobio assumed because they always appear by the gates near the end of practice. Tobio approached them, vaguely hearing his teammates' footsteps behind him.

"What are you doing here?"

"For our date of course!" Oikawa said nonchalantly, wrapping an arm around Tobio's shoulder.

Tobio heard Tanaka yell something about 'going on a date with Mr.Pretty Face' and Hinata yelling about how he feels betrayed that Tobio didn't tell him but Tobio didn't really focus on that. He just wanted an explanation.

"Wha- But practice isn't over, you know that!"

"I'm sorry Kageyama, I already asked Shittykawa to wait but he couldn't-"

"Go one, Kageyama. Skipping one day of practice wouldn't hurt." Sawamura cut in, catching Tobio by surprise.

"But-"

"See, even your captain approves~" Oikawa smirked, pulling Tobio closer to him.

"But the training camp-"

"It's fine Kageyama. Enjoy your date."

Sawamura looked over at Iwaizumi, giving him a stern look. "I assume you'll take care of our crow, yes?"

Iwaizumi nodded, giving Sawamura a nervous smile.

Tobio looked at Sugawara, eyes pleading to let him go to practice. Sugawara just smiled back.

Tobio sighed, giving in.

"Ok, fine. Let's go I guess." Before you embarrass me more.

Oikawa let out an excited hum, immediately grabbing Tobio's arm and dragging him away. Tobio ignored Tsukishima's teasing wolf whistle.

Tobio heard Iwaizumi's footsteps behind him.

"Where are we going anyway, Oikawa-san?"

"On our date of course!"

"We're going on a picnic, Shittykawa's idea."

"No need to thank me~ I know I'm amazing" Oikawa pulled Tobio to the same park they talked at just four days ago. Four days, it feels much longer.

Instead of the bench they sat at the other day, Oikawa led Tobio to a more hidden place at the park, Iwaizumi now suddenly beside him, hand intertwined with Tobio's left. Since when was he there?

"Alright, we're here!"

Tobio let out a gasp. There, hidden from the public, was a small stream, surrounding a single tree. Under the tree was a blanket, laid out. There were small snacks and drinks already set.

"You...you did this?"

Oikawa let out a hum, letting go of Tobio's right hand -since when was he holding that hand?- and rushed to the blanket, patting the space beside him.

Iwaizumi was now walking toward the tree, hand now separate from Tobio's -both of Tobio's hands felt so much colder now- periodically looking back to see if Tobio would follow.