Nekoma

Tobio woke up early, his teammates were still sleeping he washed his face, silently noting how pale his skin was. Tobio sighed, going to the showers next. This is why he wakes up early. There was only public showers.

Tobio washed up, carefully around his scars. There were no new messages, in fact, Tobio noticed that they had been silent lately. Just basic good mornings and goo nights. Maybe the occasional reminder, but that was it. Not that Tobio read them, he just happened to glance over them.

Of course.

Just as Tobio got dressed, Hinata came prancing in, yelling about the boy he met yesterday while the team went in a run and that boke got lost. Normally Tobio wouldn't care, they had bitter things to think about like the practice match, but something about the way Hinata talked about said boy was different.

The team practiced all morning, and as noon passed, the team got onto the bus to a sports center. There, they met Nekoma.

"Kenma? You're from Nekoma?!" Hinata yelped. A player from Nekoma nodded slowly. Tobio tuned out the rest. When the neko boy and Hinata was talking, a shaved headed boy -well, the top of his head had hair- came out to interrogate Hinata. Tanaka came to the rescue, which meant there was yelling. Tobio stayed away from that.

The yelling subdued, thanks to Sugawara-san and another Nekoma player, and Tobio went up to Hinata.

"How do you know him?" Don't tell me they met at a bathroom I swear-

"I met him when I got lost yesterday!! That's Kenma! Apparently he's Nekoma's setter..."

"Setter...?"

They walked into the gym, Hinata -as always- was impressed by the size of the gymnasium. Boke.

Tobio noticed that the neko boy- Kenma? Was it? - kept glancing at him and going back to his phone. Ok.....

They lost. But they weren't sad, in fact, they they were pumped out. Nekoma was good. Their receives were amazing. Hinata and Tobio wanted to play more but Nekoma had to go back to Tokyo.

"Kenma! Was that fun?" The Kenma boy shook his head. How? "Then I'll make volleyball fun for you!" Hinata went in for a high five when....

"O-ouch... what the...?" Hinata gripped his shoulder, the one with his soulmark. Kenma was silently shaking, his hand gripping his left shoulder.

Oh, oh. They're soulmates.

Nekoma ended up leaving, with the exception of Kenma. He stayed at Hinata's.

They talked about the bond that night, and Tobio felt happy for him. But.. still, even though his mind fought against it, he wanted that. The soft smiles they gave each other, the way their hands always found each other, intertwining easily. No, stop it, Tobio. You already moved on, remember? Don't be selfish. You can't love, you be loved. You're doing everyone a favour. But another part of Tobio fought against those thoughts.

You thought you couldn't have a family again, now you do. They love you. You love them. You can love. Be loved. Sure, maybe not by them, but someone will be there for you.

Tobio scoffed.

Yeah, right.

"Kageyama! I've been calling you six times now!" Oh. "Sorry." They just finished practice. Kenma went back a few days ago. "Wanna go to arcade later?" Hinata offered. Lately he seems interested in games. "Can't." was Tobio's only answer. He had classes, unfortunately. "Aww.... You're suck a party pooper, Bakayama!!! See you later!!" Hinata rode off on his bike, leaving Tobio on his own.

Arriving home, Tobio grabbed his guitar, giving a quick glance to his wallet and walked out.

Walking home from class, Tobio decided to use a different route, wanting to stop at a grocery store to buy some fruits. It's not that he doesn't stay healthy - he tries with the money he has - fruits just cost more so he sticks with veggies.

The shop was small, but Tobio was happy with the selection of fruit they sold. He had around 2000 yen to play around with. He walked down the fruit aisle. Strawberries? Oranges? No... blueberries.? "That's cannibalism", a voice, suspiciously like Hinata's rang through his head. Cherries? Yeah... I've never had cherries.

Tobio handed the cashier his money, receiving the change. Tobio hummed out a small thank you and left. His guitar felt heavy on his back. Heavier than usual.

Turning the corner, he saw a familiar person he hasn't seen in a while. His neighbour.

"Hello, Kentarou-kun"

That's when hear heard the ever so familiar and terrifying-

"Tobio-chan!! Hello!!"

"Oikawa-san... Iwaizumi-san...."

"Tobio-chan!! Odd seeing you here. I suppose you know Mad Dog-chan?"

Mad Dog...chan?

Kentarou growled before answering, "We're neighbours, of he'd be here." His was was nonchalant, annoyance evident in his voice.

Tobio was Oikawa give him a look. It wasn't good. Maybe Iwaizumi noticed how tense Tobio became because he spoke up next.

"Um... Kageyama, mind if we go to your place?"

Tobio stood there, feeling panic rise. They're mad at me. They're going to yell at me.

"Kageyama.?" Iwaizumi said again. "Um.. yeah, sure..... uh- follow me."

Tobio walked toward his house, not caring if his ex-senpais were following him. He wished they didn't. But he heard footsteps trail behind him.