Epilogue

Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, placed somewhere random on your body. Some easy to cover, some hard. Some soulmate marks are pairs, both having a beautiful tattoo, matching perfectly. Some soulmate marks are matches, like the moon and star (cat included).

At first contact of skin to skin, the marks burn (and god, did it hurt like a bitch), and fill with colour.

The second stage will start after a while, and writing something on your skin will appear on your soulmate, and bruises and scratches will appear too (which is unfortunate if your soulmates are shit talking you).

The third stage, the tattoo will start to change depending on your soulmate's feelings, be it good or bad. Good, a pristine unlocked padlock, beautiful golden keys. Bad, the dirty keys and the chained padlocks and and- those chains- they're so heavy and suffocating and fuck-

The fourth and final stage, is shared pain, when all the bruises that appeared finally have feelings connected to them (but thankfully the wall blocks that).

All the marks have a meaning. Sun, bright, cheerful. Moon, mysterious, but silently reflecting the sun's energy. Pencil, creative, but easily breaks. Chained padlock, incapable of feelings.

Poly bonds weren't common, but they aren't rare. It used to be common, about a 50% chance, but most poly bonds didn't work, ending up in one of the soulmates rejected, and alone, mark slowly becoming dark. (If only it were that simple.)

Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, but 1% of people didn't have a soulmate.

Tobio was now part of that 1%.

End of part 1
Part 2 Out Now