Cherries

Quick A/N

This chapter is short because I wanted  a cliff hanger but the next one is already in the works!! And sorry for the late update, I was busy with exams!

—-

Tobio walked to the door, his footsteps heavy.

They're going to yell at me.

He shakily took out his keys, struggling to put it into the keyhole but eventually succeeding.

I lied to them... but, they didn't ask, right? They won't hurt me, right?

Slowly, he turned the knob of the door, pushing it slightly. The door creaked open.

But... I should have said something. They'll hate me even more than they already have.

Tobio took his shoes off, cherries forgotten on his shoe rack. He heard a distant "Sorry for the intrusion."

They'll tell mother and Nobu-san and them they'll hate me and-

"So Tobio-Chan. Nice house."

His tone was condescending. Tobio shot him a glare. At least I can breathe now. Stupid Oikawa-san.

"Welcome to my house, I guess.... Make yourselves at home." Tobio went to put his guitar down. He heard a small thank you from Iwaizumi.

"So, Tobio. Care to explain."

Tobio was taken aback by the lack of honorific but shrugged it off. He was tired and no longer scared, Oikawa just had to mock him.

"About what Oikawa-san?"

"You know what I mean, Tobio-chan! Why did Mad Dog-chan say this was your house, which I assume it is since you have a key? Why didn't you tell us? Did you walk to your old house that night? It's in another neighbourhood, Tobio!! You could've told us!!"

Tobio felt annoyed.

Cherries.

"Well I'm sorry, Oikawa-san but it's non of your business of I live here and not at my dad's house!"

"Tooru-!"

"It is my business, Tobio!"

"How?!?"

Tobio just wanted cherries.

"Tooru, stop it-"

"Because you're our soulmate-"

"Bullshit! I wasn't your soulmate then, why am I your soulmate now?!"

"Because I'm sorry! Tobio.... I'm sorry.. and I don't expect you to forgive me I just.. I'm sorry..."

"Wha-"

He wasn't expecting apologies,

"I'm sorry too, Kageyama. I know that's not enough, nothing will ever be enough, but I'm willing to make up as much as I can. B-but, I'm sorry, for rejecting you", Tobio flinched at that, "and for making you put up that wall.. We want to make things right.. and we couldn't do that before apologizing. We- we were wondering if- you'd-"

"-let us start over... Tobio.."

Or whatever.... this is

There was a heavy silence looming above them. The two waited with heavy breathes.

Tobio spoke.

He just wanted cherries.

"I can't."

——
A/N
:^