8. Attacking

"Move and I'll break your neck," a gruff voice tells me. I have the strangest urge to laugh. I'll take that into consideration, buddy.

Well now I know he's male at least.

I can't get up and Brandon is far away. I made sure of that. I didn't want him to hear me call. So in other words, I'm pretty much screwed.

Time for some introductions, I guess. "Hi! My name's Janelle. What's your name?" I say with fake enthusiasm.

"Seriously, bitch?" says a female voice. There's more than one? This is going to be hard. Wait! Hold up! Did she just call me a bitch? Oh no. Hell no!

"What is your freaking problem? You come here, attack me and then wanna call me the bitch?!"

She starts to laugh. What the hell?! I need to see this girl for myself.

"Kaide, let her up but keep her restrained." Huh. She seems to have the same idea.

The guy lets me up. So she gives the orders and he takes them without complaint or hesitation. Interesting.

My head is jerked back so I can look at the queen bitch. She has long straight dark brown hair and light brown eyes. The girl looks about twenty-four or so. She is wearing blue jean shorts, a red fitted t-shirt, and red converse. Well it's confirmed she's not human. It's about 5 degrees and she's in summer clothes.

"Now, what were you saying?" she asks with a big smirk on her face while crossing her arms. It's almost like she thinks me seeing her face will scare me.

I decide to voice my thoughts. "Am I supposed to be intimidated?"

Her smirk turns into a frown and she glares at me. The guy's hold on me tightens. "Yes, actually. Don't you know who I am?"

Okay. A little too snobbish for my tastes. Does she really believe everyone's going to know her? "Besides knowing you're a snobby bitch, no, I don't know who you are."

A look of confusion flits across her face before it settles into a confident expression. "I am Amorisa Lamon. You are on my territory." Her territory? Aren't territories a werewolf thing? She must see the blank look on my face because she continues. "You really don't know what I'm talking about, do you?"

No shit, Sherlock. Instead, I say, "nope, not at all."

She sighs dramatically. Yeah. I really don't like this girl. "When were you turned?" she says in an overly bored tone. Well two can play at this game.

I mock her, sighing dramatically. In the same bored tone she used I say, "About six months ago". To say she doesn't look pleased would be an understatement. I can't help the snort of laughter that comes out.

Her eyes narrow. She takes a deep breath to calm down. "So you're the one responsible for all the 'missing' people," she mutters to herself, bemused.

"No, honey. That would be Brandon. I haven't killed one human soul and I don't plan to."

Amorisa looks shocked. "There are two of you?"

"Pretty much." I mean she acting like that's a miracle.

"Who turned you? Why didn't the person explain the rules?" The rules? There are rules for vampires? What the hell.

"We don't know who he is." I give her a brief run-down of what happened to us. When I finish, she is deep in thought.

"Well, I will give you permission to stay in Kaimu. It won't be right to kill you. The other one will get a fair trial. You guys didn't know the rules."

Well since she's holding the cards, I can't really be rude. Plus, she is trying to be nice. "Thank you" I say with a small smile.

She gives me a small smile back and nods. Then a confused expression comes across her face. "Did you say you haven't killed anyone yet?"

Yet. Why did she add on the 'yet'? It's not inevitable, right? "No need for the yet. Yes, I haven't killed anyone."

"You have been around humans. I can smell it on you. You are a newborn. It's okay to have killed."

It's okay? Is she psychotic? "Um, no, it's not okay to have killed. But I haven't killed anyone. You smell humans on me because I have been around them. I go into town sometimes. I was actually going home to my family tomorrow." Amorisa starts to mumble and shake her head during my speech.

Wait! Oh crap! My mom. "Speaking of, when my buddy Kaide over here pinned me to the ground, he knocked my phone out of my hand. I was talking to my mother. So if you don't mind, I'd like to call her back before she has a heart attack."

She scrutinizes my face, searching for what, I don't know. When she's satisfied, she nods.

"Kaide, let her go. Call your mother but don't attempt to run. It won't end well for you."

And that's all it takes to piss me off. I absolutely hate when people threaten me. I take a few deep breaths, trying to calm down. Now is not the time to get angry, Nelle. You got two people here that can easily snap your neck.

Kaide lets go of me and I start to rub my wrists. Damn! He has a tight grip! No wonder Amorisa takes him with her for these trips.

But onto more pressing matters. Where the hell did my phone go?

***********

Hi!!! I know it's been awhile and I'm really sorry about that. I had a major writer's block in relation to this story. But the ideas started to come again so a new chapter was born lool.

Please tell me what you think. Is the story taking an interesting turn? Do you like the new people? Anything you want to mention really. And if you like it, don't forget to vote!

Thank you for reading!!! =)