14. Remembering

It's been an entire month since I killed Grayana Kelly, the girl, the one who killed Brandon. When I think back to that day...

It took two vampires to get me up off the floor and five to get me out of the room. I had started shaking her body, telling her to wake up. I even grabbed her head and tried to stick it back on. Unfortunately, though expected, that did not work.

I also did a most despicable thing. I did something that makes me want to throw up if I think about it for too long. I did something that will make me forever loathe myself. I did something that haunts me the most out of all my nightmares.

I picked up the lifeless body and I drained it of all its blood. I drank from her neck, from where her head was severed. The head that I separated from its body. After that, I proceeded to lick her blood from the fl- The bile rising in my throat stops my internal monologue. Oh god. Not now. I dig my nails into my palms, quickly drawing blood. After about ten seconds, the vomit goes back down. Praise Allah.

It's absolutely revolting but that's how Amorisa and Kaide found me. They found me licking Grayana Kelly's blood off of the attic floor like some sort of starved dog. They were the two vampires that hauled my thrashing body off of the ground. They were the ones that had to call for back-up when I was resisting their efforts to carry me out of the room. They were also the ones who tried to comfort me when the bloodlust eventually left and I realized what I had done. Their excuse was 'You hadn't fed for three days which is a long time, even for an experienced vampire. With all that blood splatter, no one could have resisted, especially a fledgling who has never had human blood'. I kept on staring at the wall though, the tears silently running down my cheeks. There is no excuse for what I did.

I didn't move for a week. The first day, when Amorisa realized I was not going to move, she changed me out of the clothes I murdered the girl in. She bathed me and put some fresh clothes on me. All the while, I was limp, just like Grayana Kelly.

Amorisa brought food for me to eat because she thought I wouldn't want blood straight away. Apparently, vampires can use food to sustain themselves for thirty-six hours, after having human blood. I didn't eat it though. After more than six months of not eating food, I thought I would jump at the opportunity to have some. However, under the circumstances, I wasn't the least bit enthusiastic.

The next day, I was brought blood. It was animal blood, thank god. I couldn't handle vomiting again; I'd done that enough times already. I refused to drink it like I did with the food. Amorisa tried to persuade me, telling me I needed to feed. Eventually, she realized it wasn't going to work and she gave up. After a long while she got Kaide to give convincing me a try. Kaide's first sentence was barely finished when I picked up that cup of blood and emptied it. I will never forget what he said to me that day.

"If you don't get some blood in your system, you are going to get so bloodthirsty that the precious mother you were crying with only a few days ago could walk into the room and you would drain her without hesitation."

That was the thought that made me drink each daily cup of blood they brought.

I didn't move from that spot, however. Amorisa was worried which I appreciated too little at the time. She remembered what Kaide said and decided to bring my mom in. Apparently, she was calling my phone repeatedly and Amorisa knew I wouldn't have wanted my mom worried. So she answered the phone and invited her to Headquarters. When my mother walked through the door, I didn't even utter a word to her. She stayed with me all night but I didn't move, not even a twitch. She got up to leave in the morning and my body finally listened to that small part of me that was glad to see her. I gave her a hug and that ended my week of not moving.

Okay, Janelle. That's enough of the flashbacks now. You need to pay attention. Even after all that, I still talk to myself. Wow. Just wow.

It's funny though, how quickly Brandon and I switched places. I'm the murderer now. Today is the day of my trial. Actually, I'm currently in the middle of it. Since this is a witch's trial, I don't expect a group of witches to come bursting in and kill someone. I mean come on. It's definitely going to be werewolves this time.

After about ten seconds, the door flies open and bangs against the wall. All heads snap towards the entrance. You've got to be kidding me. I mean, seriously? I swear I was just joking.

***********

Hiya guys :] Sorry about the long wait :/ Tbqh I have had no inspiration at all for this story or writing in general.

Anyway, how'd ya like the flashback? :) I thought you would want to know what happened after that horrifying scene in the last chapter. This story has gotten so depressing lately though. The next chapter I'll brighten it up with some drama =D Loool, you'll be meeting a new person. Can anyone guess who it's going to be? Possible dedication alert! ;)

By the way, the answer to the last question was at the end. Did you guys pick that up? :')

As usual please tell me what you think in the comments below and vote if you liked it.

Thanks for reading!