Chapter 5

It's been more than a week since school started and I've been excited to come here everyday.

For my education of course.

I walked into Mr. Velmont's, eager to see a certain someone and frowned when I saw the desks arranged differently from how they were before. They were now paired up with names written on top of each.

My frown turned into a full blown grin when I saw my name next to Liam's on desks towards the back of the room.

I shot Mr. Velmont an award winning smile and made my way towards my new seat. As soon as I sat down Liam came into class. He frowned as he looked around.

It may have been wishful thinking, but I could have sworn his eyes lit up when they landed on me.

I waved at him and he stood in front of me opening his arms.

"What?" I asked, smiling up at him.

He smiled back at me. "Can I get a hug, Ms. Rose."

I sighed. "Sure, Wells." I said as if I didn't want to jump into his arms.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me for a max of four seconds. The best four seconds of my life so far, I might add. He smelt so good too.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by his chuckle. "Did you just sniff me?" He asked, looking at me with amusement in his eyes.

I felt heat creeping onto my cheeks as I pulled away from the hug. "You smell good or whatever." I said trying to hide my embarrassment.

He laughed. "You're really cute. And you smell good too." He said, putting his bag down. "So any plans this weekend?" He asked as he turned towards me.

"I'll probably just spend some time with Taliah." T and I hadn't spent as much time together because of that hood rat Kylie.

But hey if she's happy, I can't be mad.

Mr. Velmont clapped his hands when the bell rang. "Okay! So I hope you've gotten acquainted with your desk neighbours. If you haven't, turn to them and say 'what's up, dude'"

He cleared his throat when no one moved to do that. "Nevermind then." He said going back to his grumpy state. "You guys have a project due in 3 weeks, so take this time to get to know your partner." He faced his computer and started typing away, while the rest of the class pulled out their phones.

I turned to look at Liam just to see him staring at me. I almost cried when I realized that he had been looking at my side profile that whole time.

He looked down at his phone and laughed at something. He then looked at me again. "Ayo you watch anime?"

I nodded my head. "A little." A lot. "Why?"

He showed me an anime meme on his phone and  it cracked me up.

"You have a pretty laugh." He said, smiling at me.

Thank goodness people can't see me blush. "Thank you, Wells." I smiled back at him.

We spent the rest of the period laughing and showing each other memes.

<*^      ^      ^*>

It's finally over!

As much as I loved spending time with Liam, school was draining all my energy and I really needed this weekend.

"So what's the move?" I asked Taliah, kicking a pebble as we walked home.

Our options were limited because although we both had driving permits, neither of us had cars.

She looked up at the sky for a minute. "So I'm thinking, we go to 7/11 right now and get slushees cause my ass is thirsty as fuck." She thought a little more. "And then go to the park for a bit. And then...I don't know."

I laughed a little. "Then we can go to my house because my momma's been asking about you."

"Bet." She replied.

We got our slushees and were on our way to the park. "So now we sit together in Velmont and he's so nice. Ooooh and we're going to have to do a project together..." I stopped talking when Taliah stood still beside me.

"T?" I asked.

She let out a humorless laugh. "Uh who is that? Right there?" She pointed to a tree at the entrance of the park.

I looked and gasped when I saw Kylie holding hands with some other girl. "Um her cousin maybe?" I said, hoping for the best.

"Yeah, may-" Her words were cut off when Kylie leaned in and kissed the girl.

"Oh." I said, not knowing how to react.

Taliah laughed again as a tear slipped from her eye. "Well last I checked we live in Cali, not Alabama." She said before turning around and briskly walking away.

I froze, trying to decide if I wanted to catch up with Taliah or beat Kylie's ass.

I realized my best friend needed me more right now and followed behind her, giving her a little space as we walked home.

Now I have to plan damage control because of that hoe Kylie.

Again.

So I woke up today, and saw this:

Excuse my language, but how the actual fuck???

Je suis très confus en ce moment😭

I don't know how it happened, but I know it's thanks to y'all, so thank you so very much for the reads, comments and votes💗 *virtual forehead kisses*