Chapter 7

"Liam?!" I yelled, still in shock.

He chuckled, a little surprised. "In the flesh."

I turned my head towards the stairs when I heard rapid footsteps coming down.

Taliah slid across the floor on her socks and grinned. "That's Liam?" She asked loudly.

Oh my lord. I closed my eyes, embarrassed when I heard Liam say, "Wait, how do you know who I am?"

Emily readily answered, "We were just talking about Ria's-"

My eyes opened and widened as I realized what she was about to say. "New friends." I hurriedly interjected. "We were talking about my new friends, and of course, you happen to be one of them."

Nice save, Ri.

He frowned and then smiled widely. "Well since you're here, do you wanna watch something with me? I was gonna go on a run, but I feel really lazy all of a sudden." He said, staring down at me.

I looked at what he was wearing for the first time tonight and noticed he was in a hoodie, joggers and running shoes. He looked really good. "Of course." I smiled back at him.

Emily scoffed. "So we don't get an invitation?" She asked, motioning her finger between her and T.

Liam glared at her and then looked at Taliah. "You're free to join us if you want." He told T.

"Nah, I'm pretty tired." She said with a fake yawn. "Y'all have fun though." She pulled Emily's arm.

"Yeah, but not too much fun." She said, following T back up to her room. "I don't know if I want any nieces or nephews any time soon."

I gasped and Liam just laughed. "I'm going to go change real quick." He said, walking towards what I assume is his room. "Meet me in the movie room in ten."

"You need ten minutes to change?" I asked his retreating figure.

He laughed as if I said something funny. "Don't worry about it."

I went up to Emily's room and sprayed on some of my bath and body works perfume. I was not about to be musty next to Liam.

I took the rest of the time to text my mom the information she wanted about Emily and her family.

Emily Wells. Mom would start a riot if she knew I packed a bag to sleep over at someone's house without even knowing their last name.

After ten minutes, I walked into the movie room and saw Liam struggling to light a candle.

He jumped when he heard me laugh. "Jesus, Ri. You scared me." He said with his hand over his chest.

I laughed again. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to light a couple candles without burning the whole house down." He said, still struggling.

I walked up to him and took the matchbox out of his hands. "I see that, but why?" I asked, pulling a match out and skillfully using the side of the box to set it on fire.

"Because," He said, taking the box and trying to follow my lead as I lit a candle. "I'm trying to make this kinda romantic. Like a nice, little, first date type of thing."

I had no idea what to say to that.

So I ignored his words and instead moved to help him light up the other candle. "Here, we can just use this instead." I said, using the fire from my candle to light up his.

I looked up to see him staring down at me. The fire reflecting in his eyes making them even more beautiful.

"Your eyes are breathtaking." He said, still looking at me.

I felt heat in my cheeks, but I knew it was just from the candle. "Thanks, Wells." I said, walking away from him.

I moved to a corner and put the candle down on a wooden side table.

"You're welcome, Rose." He said, doing the same in the opposite corner of the room. He grabbed a big blanket and the remote control before turning the lights off.

The candles basked the room in a golden glow and everything was perfect when he sat down next to me.

Because he had the blanket of course.

I grabbed the side of it as he turned on the TV and then looked at me.

"Are you okay? Comfortable? Do you need anything?" He asked nervously.

I giggled. This boy has me giggling a lot. "Yes, Liam. I'm alright." I said, snuggling into the blanket.

He laughed a little. "Cool. Now, do you want to watch movies or a series?" He asked while opening up the Hulu app.

"Movies. A series is too much commitment." I said, reaching for an unopened bottle of water on the table in front of us.

"Okay." He said, scrolling through the app. He clicked on a movie titled 'SALT' "Let's watch this." He said, looking at me for confirmation.

I nodded and he pressed play.

He got under the blanket and threw his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in.

I lied.

Now it's perfect.

Big shout out to Melanin_Yanka  and friskriel for commenting and/or voting every chapter.

Shout out to everyone else that wasn't mentioned. Thanks so much for supporting me💗

Also, favorite bath and body works scent?