Chapter 10

It's Saturday and I get to spend a whole day with Liam again!

Not that I care or anything. I'm just really glad that he hooked me up with homework answers and we completed our project during the week.

Yeah, that's it.

I picked out a pair of shoes and went to get my mom. She was dropping me off because she wanted to know, 'Who got my baby smiling like that?'

I had told her I was just well rested, but she didn't believe me.

"Ma, I'm ready!" I yelled, running down the stairs.

"Don't be yelling in my house!" She yelled back.

"Yes ma'am. You ready to go?" I said, picking up Liam's present by the door.

My mom came to the door with a big tin of danish cookies. "Yep. Let's go."

It was Liam's birthday and my mom would rather die than not get him something. Especially since I've been at their house a lot recently.

We pulled up at the Wells' house and my mom put the danish cookies in a gift bag.

"Damn, they living nice out here. Maybe I should've gotten him something else." She said, hesitantly handing me the bag.

I kissed her cheek and grabbed the presents. "Dont worry. I'm sure he'll love it." I said, getting out of the car. "Bye, my love."

"Bye baby. Have fun!" She drove off as I rang the doorbell.

A familiar blond lady opened the door with a smile on her face. "Hi! You must be Ria. I've heard so much about you." She walked away from the door, waving me in after her.

"All good things I hope." I said, walking into her house with a smile on my face.

She let out a little laugh. "Oh, of course. My, what beautiful skin you have." She said, facing me.

Okay?

I didn't have to respond to that because Liam came down stairs, buttoning the sleeves of his dress shirt.

He looked at the lady. "Mom, don't scare Ria away." Then he turned to me. "Hey, beautiful."

I giggled. "Happy Birthday, handsome." I said as I hugged him. I pulled away and handed him his gifts. "This is from my mom," I handed him the cookies. "and this is from me." I said, handing him my gift bag.

He accepted his presents with a smile on his face. "Thanks, Ri. You really didn't have to."

"I wanted to. Besides, I couldn't not get it for you."

He looked at me with a grin. "Now I'm curious." He put the cookies aside and pulled out a dark blue hoodie from the bag. "SASUKE!" He yelled.

"NARUTO!" I yelled back.

"Come eat!" Emily yelled, poking her head out of the dining room. "Fucking weirdos." She mumbled.

We laughed and went into the dining room to see a table with food and a pitcher of water.

"You're sitting next to me." Liam whispered in my ear, grabbing my hand.

I laughed. "Okay, birthday boy." I slid into a seat next to Liam and opposite Emily. "What's up, girlie?"

"Well I have to start thinking about colleges so that sucks." She said with a groan.

I winced. "Oh yeah, you're a senior. Got any in mind?"

"A few. I was thinking-" She was interrupted by her mom coming into the room.

She put down a platter of tacos on the table. "Ria, would you like a chicken or steak taco?" She said with a smile.

I politely smiled back at her. "Chicken, please."

She set a taco on my plate. "Of course." She said with a little laugh.

What the fuck is funny?

The rest of the meal was spent in polite conversation and we cleared the table of food and replaced it with mugs of warm beverages.

Emily and Liam were packing up the dishes. Ole boy didn't want to cut a cake because he thought he was 'too grown for all that'. I don't know what that boy is on.

"So Ria." Mrs. Wells called out to me. I nodded for her to continue. "Is that your real hair?" She pointed at my braids.

I let out an uncomfortable laugh. "Um, no ma'am. They're extensions."

"Ah. Interesting." She said and sipped on her coffee. "So what is your family like?"

"Well, my mom is literally the best, and that's pretty much it. I don't have any brothers or sisters."

"No father?" She asked, putting her mug down.

I smiled sweetly at her, even though I wanted to smack the blue out of her eyes in that moment. "No father. Problem?"

"Oh, of course not." She said shaking her head. "You know they don't have a dad either. He-"

"Let's go to my room." Liam said, holding my hand and pulling me up of the couch. "I'm sorry if my mom was a lot. She doesn't know how to phrase things sometimes." He led me to his bedroom.

He pushed the door open and motioned for me to walk in first. "It's alright. She's not the worst." I said, plopping onto his bed.

He laughed. "Yeah, she's not the best either. I can tell she really likes you though." He sat down next to me. "Thanks for the hoodie by the way."

"I'm glad you like it." I said with a smile.

He took my hand in his. "As much as I liked that present, I would've liked something else much more."

His mom must have turned the heater on or something. "And what would that be?"

"Another kiss. May I kiss you again, Miss Rose?" He rubbed his thumb over my cheek.

I smiled. "Of course, Mister Wells." I said, leaning in at the same as him.

We spent the rest of our time together talking and laughing as I raided his closet.

Little kisses in between.

I truly hate school😐

Anyways, see you later and don't forget to vote💗

Also updates might be slower. I'm sorry😔