Chapter 8

Click.

I woke up to the brightness of a flash and the clicking of a camera.

"Em, why's the flash on?" Taliah complained.

"Bro, what the fuck?" I mumbled, turning away from the light and snuggling into something warm and solid.

I felt arms wrap around me and opened my eyes to be met with a sleeping Liam.

I closed them again, basking in the warmth of cuddling with him.

That lasted for all of four seconds before I heard clicking again. "Yo, what are y'all doing?" I asked, moving in closer to Liam.

Emily kept on taking pictures. "Shhh. You and your future kids are going to thank us for this." She said as she clicked away.

"Y'all look so cute." Taliah goshed, looking at the camera over Emily's shoulder.

"Ria." Liam whispered, holding me even closer to him.

His raspy voice saying my name made me feel things I wasn't ready to address.

So I pulled away and smiled. "Hey." I said, getting up and moving away so he doesn't smell my morning breath.

He smiled up at me. "Good morning."

"Awww." Taliah and Emily said behind us. "I feel like a mama." Emily continued, holding her hand to her chest.

"Pssht." I ignored my blushing and walked out of the movie room to get my backpack.

I sent my mom a quick text saying, I'm alive, and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

When I went downstairs, I was met with the delicious smell of breakfast. I walked into the enormous kitchen and saw Liam cracking an egg into a bowl with his left hand while flipping a pancake with his right.

All that and he can't light a candle, I thought with a smile.

"Hey, Wells." I said softly so I didn't scare him.

He turned to me, smiling. "Hey, beautiful. Are you hungry?" He asked while whisking the eggs.

My stomach chose that exact moment to let out a little growl. "A little." I laughed.

"Perfect. Emily hurry up with the fruit!" He yelled across to Em who was talking to Taliah while chopping up some strawberries.

"Oh my God. Can you shut up for two seconds?" She said, putting some fruit in into a bowl and handing it to me.

Taliah and I laughed as they started bickering. It was cute to us because neither of us had any siblings. We always had each other though, so we didn't miss out on much.

"Here you go, beautiful." Liam said, placing a plate of pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon in front of me as I sat down.

"Oh, thank you, but I'm vegan." I looked up at him in time to see his face fall.

"Really? You never said. Um, hold up let me make you some-"

I held his arm as he was moving away and laughed. "I'm just playing with you." I said, picking up a fork. "I'm about to fuck this shit up. Thank you."

I saw relief wash over his face as he smiled at me. He smiles a lot. "Anytime." He said as he winked at me.

He fixed himself a plate and put the rest of the food on the table. Emily scoffed. "So you can't make me a plate?" She asked as she opened up a cabinet.

She got out plates for her and Taliah. "Nevermind, my name's not Ria." She said, laughing.

Taliah accepted one with a smile on her face. She dished a little of everything into their plates and sat down to eat.

"What are we about to do today?" She asked, chewing on some bacon.

Liam looked at me. "I was thinking we could go to the fair."

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm down." I said before shoving the last of my eggs into my mouth. "This was really good by the way." I said as I swallowed.

"Only the best for you." He said, picking up our plates and putting them in the sink.

I blushed, this boy always has me blushing, and looked at Taliah. She smiled widely at me and raised her eyebrows suggestively.

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, T we gotta go home real quick to find something to wear."

"I'll take you." Liam said while rinsing the dishes.

"You don't have to. Emily can." I said, making sure I had everything in my bag.

Emily let out a sarcastic yelp. "Oh my God I sprained my, uh, pinky. I guess Liam has to take you." She said, casually using her phone.

He laughed while wiping his hands on a dish cloth. "It's fine. I want to."

"Okay." I said while wearing my shoes.

"Bye Taliah, bye Ri!" Emily yelled.

"Bye hoe." I yelled back.

Taliah giggled. "Bye, Em. I had fun." She said and winked at her.

Huh?

<*^      ^      ^*>

Taliah took the key from me and raced out of the car as soon as Liam pulled up at my house.

Liam and I laughed at that and looked at each other.

Dang his eyes are so pretty. "Thanks for last night and this morning." I said, tucking a braid behind my ear. "I had fun."

He smiled at me. "Don't mention it." He said.

I realized we had inched closer to each other.

So I pulled away.

"See you soon, Wells." I said, grabbing my bag and getting out of his car.

He chuckled. "Later, Rose."

It's been a week since I started writing this book and I'm so surprised I haven't quit💀

Hope y'all are enjoying it. Don't forget to vote. Byeeeeee💗