CHAPTER 23

Emerald St. Clair's POV

I was back in New York after an unexpected two days in Aspen, Colorado. I was barely walking straight, and people were giving me funny looks in the lobby of the penthouse building where I live.

Thank goodness, there was something urgent that needed his instant attention. He insisted that he didn't need to see me arrive home.

As I slid out of his car earlier, it took every ounce of my strength to walk straight into the lobby. I wore this resting bitch face as I strutted the lobby like a damn catwalk.

Once I was inside the elevator going up to my apartment, I couldn't help but let out a small cry from the pain between my thighs.

I closed my eyes as I leaned on the metal wall of the lift, trying to relax. Damn that man, it's been two days and it's still slightly painful.

As the elevator door opened, I walked inside my home while my eyes were still shut. All I want right now is to crawl into my bed and sleep...

"And she just did the walk of shame, Ladies and Gentlemen."

My eyes snapped to open as I looked back to the couch when I heard the familiar voice of my twin sister.

I frowned at her grinning face. "What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you," Ruby answered simply. She leisurely picked up her teacup from the coffee table and sipped it.

"Don't tell me you've been squatting here again?" I fired at her. "Since when did my house become a shelter for homeless people like you?"

My idiotic twin gave me a bright smile shinier than the sun itself. "Of course not! What a harsh thing to say, sissy. Roman is in Spain right now and I am kinda bored, so..."

"You decide to bother me?" I supplied dryly.

Ruby scowled in my direction. "Why so cranky, Em?"

I took a deep breath. I don't have time for her jesting. "I'm tired. I want to rest."

I was about to march into my room when I heard Ruby's voice again. "Tell me, is he a good scuba diver? How many rounds before you called it a night?"

I froze in my place as the blood from my face probably drained. I slowly turned around and stared at her questioningly. "What the hell?!"

"Granddad tells me that you went to the Rocky Mountains of Aspen with Khalil this weekend, right after you went to a party with your unofficial fiancé."

"So?"

She wiggled her eyebrows in my direction. "Don't you dare to deny that nothing happened in those Rocky Mountains because I will not believe you, Emerald St. Clair."

"I don't know what you are talking about." I denied it as I fought back the blush that wanted to spread through my cheeks.

"Oh, come on, Em," my idiotic twin cajoled, tapping the vacant space on the sofa next to her. "I'm dying with curiosity over here. Tell me everything! Is he as good a lover as the tabloids claim? Did he manage to make you reach orgasm several times each round?"

I could feel my cheek burning up. There's no way in hell that I will have this conversation with her. Over my dead body. "Nothing happened."

"Bruh," Ruby snorted, sipping her tea again while giving me a malicious look. "You can't lie to me, sis. I see the way you walk. You walk like a woman who's been thoroughly plowed."

"I am not having this conversation with you!" I groaned in embarrassment. How much did Daniel and this woman know about what happened to my trip with Khalil? Did granddad hear us in the bathtub during our phone conversation?