CHAPTER 7

Khalil Al-Farsi's POV

I have a very busy morning in my office. As usual, I am reviewing before signing the documents Omar had been bringing for me to sign, such as treaties, the new laws, and other stuff that Saqr needs to prosper even more.

"Your Majesty," Omar said in the silent office. He's standing next to me, watching me work closely. "The American woman left this morning to travel again to the capital city."

Irritation filled me the way he addressed Emerald. I looked briefly at him from the papers I had been reading. "She has a name, Omar. Don't just call her the 'American woman.'"

The older man's head bowed slightly in my direction. "Of course, sire. Forgive me."

I took a deep breath and proceeded to read the paperwork in my hand. "Did she take the car I placed at her disposal to use whenever she went out of the palace?"

"No, sire," he shook his head. "She prefers walking and then taking public transportation once again."

I hid my smile. She would not be Emerald St. Clair if she were not a stubborn lot. It's been two days since I detained her here against her will when I manipulated things so her team would leave her here alone so she would be with me for a few more days.

I was stunned when she agreed to stay here, not because I told her so, but because she said two days ago that this might be a perfect opportunity to bide her time before facing her grandfather again. I asked her what she meant by that, but she refused to tell me.

Now for the past two days, she didn't stay in the palace as much as I preferred. Instead, she's roaming around Saqr's capital city throughout the day, and it makes me worry about her safety while I was stuck here working.

I could almost imagine how she commanded attention in the street with her flaming red hair and her exquisite beauty. If some male eyes look at her the wrong way...

"Are the elite snipers still following her around discreetly?" I asked when silence once again filled the room, removing the dark thoughts from my head before I lost control and stormed the city to look for her.

"Yes, sire," Omar confirmed. "They are scattered around the city watching her every move and to ensure her safety."

"What about the guards?"

The elderly advisor sighed deeply. "Yes, sire. They were following Ms. St. Clair like shadows without her realizing their presence."

"Good." I needed to calm down the uneasiness that crept into my spine whenever she went out of the palace walls without me. "Just tell them to do their work properly, or I will have their head if something bad happens to Emerald."

"As you wish, Your Majesty."

I lowered my eyes again and continued to work, trying to remove the red-haired, green-eyed woman who had been invading my mind since she arrived here in Saqr. I need to concentrate on my work.

"Sire?"

I looked up to the advisor, who was still standing next to my table. "What is it, Omar?"

He glanced at me with pleading eyes. "Princess Amina is now traveling to the palace as we speak. May I suggest greeting her at the palace entrance to make her feel welcome in our country, sire."

My eyebrows drew together. "Why would I do that? I am busy with my work. Just do the honor and greet her on my behalf and make her feel welcome here since you're the one who invited her here, not me."

"But sire..." he protested, his eyes filled with concern. "...she might be your chosen bride. Please show some hospitality to her."

I glared at him darkly. I stood from my chair when annoyance started to get the best of me early this morning. "Let me clear something up for you, Omar. I didn't agree with the princess' visit. It's all your initiative to make this arrangement without even consulting me. So don't be shocked if I don't feel so welcoming at the moment of her arrival."