CHAPTER 27

Emerald St. Clair's POV

"Home sweet home," Al-Farsi announced brightly once his private plane safely landed on the tarmac.

I let out a short laugh as I unclasped my seatbelt. "If you are excited to go home so badly. Maybe you just left me in New York so I can share your sentiment."

My dry comment was met by the angry stare from the man in question sitting across my chair. "Are you still smarting that I take you with me against your will?"

I flashed him my most charming smile that kind of smile that made me earn thousands of dollars. "Geez. Your kinda smart today, Your Highness."

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you, my love." He looked at me with a dire expression as he unclasped his seatbelt.

I raised my glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. "I think that's part of my charm."

He didn't answer instead he held out his hand in my direction. "Come. Stop being bitter it's too late for now to regret your decision coming here." He flashed me one of his infamous grins. "I promise you that you will enjoy your stay here. Consider this as another vacation."

"Oh, I am not so sure about that," I informed him warily, taking a sip of my juice. "I have a feeling that this trip will not end well--at least, on my part."

"Stop being pessimistic, Emerald." He chided lightly still extending his hand in my direction. "You will love it here, I assure you."

I pointedly ignore his offered hand. I don't care if the cabin crew was discreetly looking horrified that I being rude to their king. I put a big fake smile on my lips. "Thank you for the offer but as I said, I am a strong independent woman. I can walk alone, Your Highness."

I stood from the seat. I wore my oversized sunglasses and grabbed my bag next to me as I walked past him. I noticed the way how he pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Are you coming or what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in his direction as I waited for him on the airplanes iron steps.

Al-Farsi shook his head with a reluctant smile playing on his lips walking as to where I stand. His eyes gleamed dangerously. I slightly leaned my body backward when he bent down until his lips were inches away from my ear. "Stop being cocky if I were you. I am sorely tempted to throw you again over my shoulder and throw you straight to my bed."

I could feel my cheeks warming up again. It's because of the scorching weather. I reasoned out silently. It has nothing to do with this arrogant man.

"That will not scare me, you know," I stated bravely while my heart pounded so loudly in my chest. I would not be surprised if he can hear it.

A genuine smile fitted his hard mouth. "That's what I like about you, habibti. You never let yourself be cowed by anyone even if you're talking to the sovereign lord of this land."

I scoffed, starting to descend the iron steps. "That didn't change the fact that he's just a man who happens to have a title in his name. King or not, men are just all the same. A plain pain in the ass."

He clicked his tongue as we were about to reach the limo that was parked nearby. "That's no way to talk to your future husband, Em."

I turned around to face him. "Aren't you forgetting that there is a princess patiently waiting for your return so two can wed so you can start making heirs for the Saqrian throne?"

He laughed heartily, tucking some wayward strand of my hair behind my ear. "You sound jealous, ya amar. And let me make this clear, I don't remember saying that I will marry this woman as for the heir..." he pointedly look at my flat stomach. "...my little warriors are probably making their way to the finish line."