CHAPTER 14

Emerald St. Clair's POV

After the most uncomfortable family dinner of my life, we gathered in the receiving room. Just before dinner ended, heavy rain poured outside. Now we are waiting for the rain to stop so we can all go home.

Right now, I am standing next to Al-Farsi, near the French windows looking at the heavy rain outside. My sisters were also busy with their husbands, sitting on the sofa and having light conversations. Granddad and Ryker Creed had their conversation at the far end of the receiving room.

I couldn't help the frown on my face when I noticed that they kept on shooting knowing glances in my direction.

"Stop looking at him," my head snapped in the direction of my pretend boyfriend. I could see the annoyance in the depth of his cobalt eyes. This man was really in a bad mood since dinner.

I blinked at him. "What?"

"You keep on looking at him," his voice was laced with jealousy which I didn't understand. "Why? Are you forgetting that I am your boyfriend? Is he more handsome than I am? Are you attracted to him? Is that it?"

My mouth hung open slightly in his direction. This man was impossible! Where did he get that idea? I shook my head in disbelief. "You are not making any sense."

"That's not what I see." There was a grim expression on his face. "So, your grandfather is not bluffing, is he? Are you going to marry that bastard?"

"What?!" I glared at him exasperatingly. "Are you crazy? Why would I agree to marry him? Are you forgetting that I have no desire to get married? That's why I agreed to this ridiculous plan so that I would not suffer the same fate as the sisters?"

He studied me for a moment and then his face broke into a satisfied smile. He snaked his arm around my waist and drew me closer to the hard contour of his body.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked with a tight smile. I was unprepared for this sudden gesture of his. "Let go of me."

"In a moment," he answered glibly, his eyes twinkling with delight. "He's looking at you, right?" he asked as his back was to them. Al-Farsi doesn't want to see my so-called fiancé. Before I had the chance to answer him, he added. "Let's give them proof that we're exclusively dating."

My breath was caught when his face was only inches away from mine. I was also aware of how my heart started hammering in my chest. Damn, this man. "What are you doing? Stay back, Al-Farsi...I'm warning you."

He flashed a predatory smile. "I will give this American bastard a clear message that you only belong to me and no one else. You are mine, Emerald."

From the corner of my eyes, I saw the fugitive glance of my sisters and their husbands. "Al-Farsi...everyone is looking."

"When you are with me, you are required to only look at me. I don't want you looking to other guys. It makes me jealous." He guided my face with his palm to force me to look back at him.

Before I had the chance to answer him, his lips came down to calm my mouth. A moan escaped me as the gentle touch of his lips against mine almost made my knees wobble. I needed to place my hand on his shoulder blades for support while he drew me closer to his body. At first, it was only a teasing kiss, coaxing me to answer his kisses, and then slowly, it turned aggressive as he snaked his tongue inside my mouth!

Sweet mother of God! This sneaky devil can kiss. I could feel the heat start to spread in my body as I answered his kiss with equal passion. I don't care if we're making a scene in front of my family. I don't have the strength to pull away from his possession.