CHAPTER 16

Khalil Al-Farsi's POV

I sat in the back of the SUV with Emerald going to the Orsini Vineyard for her photoshoot. This woman really lives a jet-set lifestyle. It feels like we were just in the Hamptons having breakfast one moment, and then the next, we're on a private jet heading to Italy.

After this campaign ad for Orsini Wines, we'll head back to New York for another photoshoot, this time for a well-known clothing company.

I exhaled a deep breath. If I had my way, I would prefer that we'd stay far away from New York for now. I am not at ease knowing that her grandfather's chosen fiancé was there hanging around and may be waiting for his time to make a move on my Emerald.

I grimaced at the thought as I remembered the sly American bastard. He was one of the few men I knew that didn't heed my warning seriously. Suppose he was just a citizen of Saqr. I would have already thrown him in the middle of the desert and left him there to die from dehydration and the scorching heat.

If I learn that the bastard is still hoping to win Emerald's favor, I'll make sure to dig a special grave for him in New York's fanciest cemetery.

"What's with the scary frown on your face right now?" I heard the soft voice of the woman beside me. Instantly, my dark mood changed.

I smiled brightly at her while she was still looking at me with a curious expression. "Nothing, habibti." I lifted her hand and kissed it affectionately. "I am just wondering when you will want to meet my 'buddy' personally."

I chuckled softly when I saw the way her face turned crimson, just like her hair. I couldn't miss the deathly glare she threw in my direction. She discreetly nodded her head in the direction of the driver and her assistant, who was sitting on the passenger's seat in front. "Keep your nasty thoughts to yourself if you know what's good for you."

I grinned devilishly in her direction. I leaned down to whisper something in her ear. "I am not the one who is having naughty dreams, habibti," I stifled a chortle when I felt her freeze in her place. "Just give me a chance. I promise that I will perform even better than in your dreams. I can make you scream in ecstasy."

"Shut up," she said as she elbowed me in the chest area, and I groaned softly. The gesture caught me off guard. I threw a disapproving look in her direction.

"Why so violent, my love?"

Her pretty green eyes snapped with fire. "For your information, Al-Farsi, I was stressed that night. That's why I had such nightmares. I can assure you, it will never happen again."

"Of course," I agreed cheerfully, smiling at the thought. "Because I can assure you the next time will not be a dream." I looked her straight in the eyes. "The next time I have sex with you, you and I will be both very much awake."

"In your dreams."

I laughed gleefully. "Yeah. I hope you can also visit my dreams. I would not mind if you molested me in my dream." My amusement intensified when she suddenly hit my arm with her first. For a slim woman like her, she has a strong punch. "Aw! Remember assaulting royalty is a crime, baby."

"I don't care!" she replied furiously while continuing to attack me with her fist. "I want to kill you, anyway."

I noticed Emerald's assistant discreetly looking at us. She avoided my gaze when she saw me looking. I must admit, when we met her assistant in the airport terminal, the poor woman couldn't hide her stunned reaction upon seeing us together. She tried her very best not to gawk at us.

I smiled privately as we neared the Orsini vineyard. Not that I could blame Emerald's assistant since it was common knowledge that Emerald is quite a man-hater. That's why it came as a shock to her assistant when she reluctantly introduced me as her boyfriend.